Author Topic: WC Qualification  (Read 1000 times)

theoworldwide

Re: WC Qualification
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »
The problem with bozza's comments are that they are not dialectic. The average person's intelligence isn't able to separate opinion from reasoning, especially as the country is awoken to the complexities of modern football tactics and just how competitive Asian football has become. Bozza may have some good points, but he isn't helping to create a conversation. He is part of a problem.

theoworldwide

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 03:37:43 PM »
From a social point of view, this whole post Osieck campaign has reminded me of how divisive strong personalities are to people. Regardless of the socceroos' successes and progression, Ange's personality trigger's bigotry. Personally a strong, Australian leader is refreshing. I've seen the merits of his approach with Brisbane roar, Victory and the socceroos regeneration and asian cup victory. I've also learned of his success with south melbourne as their youngest championship double winning coach of professional Australian football history. I'm giving the man the benefit of the doubt. Nothing indicates we are not developing in the right direction to me.

I don't care if we don't qualify, i'll be content with what we have achieved. The platform is strong. If we do, I will be extremely proud. This challenge will breed better coaches / players and hopefully, better educated fans

Post resignation, Ange deserves the right to come out and lambast his detractors imo.

coast

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
From a social point of view, this whole post Osieck campaign has reminded me of how divisive strong personalities are to people. Regardless of the socceroos' successes and progression, Ange's personality trigger's bigotry. Personally a strong, Australian leader is refreshing. I've seen the merits of his approach with Brisbane roar, Victory and the socceroos regeneration and asian cup victory. I've also learned of his success with south melbourne as their youngest championship double winning coach of professional Australian football history. I'm giving the man the benefit of the doubt. Nothing indicates we are not developing in the right direction to me.

I don't care if we don't qualify, i'll be content with what we have achieved. The platform is strong. If we do, I will be extremely proud. This challenge will breed better coaches / players and hopefully, better educated fans

Post resignation, Ange deserves the right to come out and lambast his detractors imo.

I can see your pov, ww, but I honestly think Ange's one size fits all mantra wasn't good enough for international football. He's looked out of his depth.    I'm sure he'll be fine back in clubland, but his personal performance as coach has, in my considered view, fallen short and his attitude to criticism reflects his shortcomings.  I'm sure he'll be fine back in clubland, but he's not going to get the major European gig he hoped for. 

Septic Bladder

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »

You don't care! What is the point of competing then? May as well forever play friendlies and sing Kumbaya.

As for the rest, achievements, platform etc it will all be trashed by the next coach if we dont qualify.

spongebob

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 09:48:43 PM »
Would anyone here like to see Ange back in charge of the Roar when his time is up?

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
Not good enough for international football, but wins continental championship.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 11:12:35 PM »
Would anyone here like to see Ange back in charge of the Roar when his time is up?
I'd rather he moves on to a club at a better league, or even a national team that needs someone like him to take them to a higher level. I don't think we could get him back until the Bakries move on and the league expands and gets a second tier.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

miron mercedes

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
Ange will not be coming back here...he has made no secret of his desire to coach in Europe.
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

theoworldwide

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
Yeah he's been really clear that his next stop is abroad.

Nice to see emo come out and call for people to support ange

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204439
  • Total Topics: 7996
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online