Author Topic: Only three and a bit weeks to go  (Read 4253 times)

miron mercedes

Only three and a bit weeks to go
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »
Not long now ....looking forward to 6 October.
Excited ! ;D
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

theoworldwide

Re: Only three and a bit weeks to go
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:11:59 PM »
Can't come fast enough.

BrynFC

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:26:17 PM »
Looking forwards to see how we are going to play up against a A League side with the new signings all fit and ready to go.

Still feel its going to be a rocky season, but I'm padded up and ready to rock n roll

The worst thing about the A League is its bloody long off season.

Chico Raul

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
Anyone got their new membership yet?

coast

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:59:43 PM »
Stand by the slowest 3 weeks of the year.

We need more teams and more games!

BrynFC

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
Stand by the slowest 3 weeks of the year.

We need more teams and more games!

Damm straight,

i find it boring playing the same teams every year, but what do you do...

its a painful process each year, but its the only brisbane team and national league we have  :(

Three weeks until the real pain begins, yes I'm a sucker for punishment

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »
Yeah I can't wait for kick off either.. Obviously want us to do really well but firstly really happy that the season is upon us!
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Kingy

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
Good to see Marco is trying to help us build to the new season with his expert reporting:

"Brisbane Roar defender Fahid Ben Khalfallah says he expects new signing Eric Bautheac will be a ?top player? in the A-League"

Surely he isn't seriously a journalist: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-defender-fahid-ben-khalfallah-says-he-expects-new-signing-eric-bautheac-will-be-a-top-player-in-the-aleague/news-story/e3adfd2756a33eebc4da5e0bd6c47857

Chico Raul

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 06:25:31 AM »
Good to see Marco is trying to help us build to the new season with his expert reporting:

"Brisbane Roar defender Fahid Ben Khalfallah says he expects new signing Eric Bautheac will be a ?top player? in the A-League"

Surely he isn't seriously a journalist: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-defender-fahid-ben-khalfallah-says-he-expects-new-signing-eric-bautheac-will-be-a-top-player-in-the-aleague/news-story/e3adfd2756a33eebc4da5e0bd6c47857

I just think it reflects how stretched journalism has become under the economic rationalists.
What I find intensely annoying is the way we constantly see unrelated footage (in this case the debate in the UK regarding high foot) embedded in articles.
It just highlights they have no actual relevant  footage of Eric. It is intensely annoying. They do it all the time and it annoys me. It basically saying that the CM thinks its readers are morons and any pretty picture will do. We won't notice.
I think Marco's mistake is one of those like getting your kids name mixed up, but it should have been picked up, and the fact that it was not highlights the poor quality of the Murdoch press.
But hey. Just another example of the low standard of the CM. Keep that in mind when Murdoch tells you which way to vote at the next state and federal election.

mellod

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:42 AM »

It has been fixed now.

High praise from FBK. Hopefully Bautheac can live up to it and have a big impact.

It does make me wonder whether he has a back-ended deal as a marquee for next season?

theoworldwide

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
I think hanks on Caxton has closed.... sad times. Their alabama pulled pork bbq burger with onion rings was special.

noodles

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
am i the only person who is struggling to get motivated and excited for this season???  The ONLY reason i have any sort of excitement is that it is local professional football. I just can't seem to care as much as i once did about the Roar and the new season

mellod

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
am i the only person who is struggling to get motivated and excited for this season???  The ONLY reason i have any sort of excitement is that it is local professional football. I just can't seem to care as much as i once did about the Roar and the new season

I'm excited! It's a chance to get out of the house, see my mates, drink some beer. Also, there is such an air of mystery about this season. No one knows what the hell is going to happen. Regardless of whether it works, or whether we crash and burn, it'll be interesting to watch.

BrynFC

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »

Nope, id say I'm in the same boat, with your views

I haven't bothered to renew my membership, definitely not after the price rise and the poor/average signings, although the new frenchman could be interesting.

Also playing the same clubs in the A League is getting very boring.

Its going to be a crazy season, I'm not expecting much, hope to be proven wrong

It'll be interesting to see how many games i go to this year.

coast

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »

Sadly I am in the same boat, but I think partly that I'm 11 years older than I was when the A League started, and I generally find football less interesting than I once did.  I've seen soooo many football games now.  I'm sure that new teams would rekindle my former levels of enthusiasm.

Bit of a perfect storm for me:  declining levels of interest in sport generally, busier than ever with work, a coach and staff who I don't rate at all, and one of the poorest squads we've mustered.

So I don't want much:  new coach, better players and four new teams.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:59:05 PM by coast »

Kingy

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »

The New Frenchie has peaked my interests in the team a fair bit. It seems like that one signing has all of a sudden given us enough depth to compete with the other contenders this year. Allows us the flexibility to change up the structure in the front third which is good and account for potential duds *Couch* Maccarone *Couch*.

It is really up to Aloisi and Co to deliver now as they have no excuses to perform poorly this season in my view. Probably our weakness is in the mid field as the McKay, TK and Holeman combo didn't exactly set the world on fire last year, but Mckay and Holeman have looked a lot sharper in pre-season this year so who knows how they will go.

Chico Raul

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »

The New Frenchie has peaked my interests in the team a fair bit. It seems like that one signing has all of a sudden given us enough depth to compete with the other contenders this year. Allows us the flexibility to change up the structure in the front third which is good and account for potential duds *Couch* Maccarone *Couch*.

It is really up to Aloisi and Co to deliver now as they have no excuses to perform poorly this season in my view. Probably our weakness is in the mid field as the McKay, TK and Holeman combo didn't exactly set the world on fire last year, but Mckay and Holeman have looked a lot sharper in pre-season this year so who knows how they will go.
Same. This latest signing and the prospect that if he goes really well we don't lose have to loose him to Victory the way that we did Berisha is really positive. Someone was saying he has signed for two years. And Big Mac is only one year so there should be a marquee spot in 12 months time.
I still have concerns that we won't be able top score enough goals and that we will concede far too many, and that we have a lot of players under fitness clouds, but am starting to look forwards to things.
This looks like a good signing as is the Skapetis one. Providing he copes with the physicality.
A lot of teams have improved their player stocks which should make some of the rather dull fixtures a tad more attractive.
Still not received my ticket which was paid for in May.

dobo

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 09:29:49 AM »

As you say we now have depth, FBK can play holemans role (so can daggers), JC can play Mckays role and offers a different style of play (less all action and more passing range) then we have Oxborrow who i think is a step up from pepper, and even with Holeman coming into last season not fit and you haveing reservations about the TK, Mckay, holeman combo we still came 3rd, i think our midfield is looking better than last season, at least on paper.

I do have my reservations about Big Mac, I think Daggers is more suited to the CAM role rather than the strikers role and Corey is not fit yet. If Big Mac is a flop then then i think our squad drops in quality with the replacements.

mellod

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:21 AM »
Interesting to hear JA talking after the Olympic game about how Pepper can play along the back line. Don't think we will see him used in that DM role with Kristensen, McKay, Caletti and Oxborrow available. Maybe he will be used as a defensive utility (although I think North and Bowles are both better suited to this).

theoworldwide

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »
Interestingly fbk's predominant position was rw. He transitioned to the left extremely well.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205202
  • Total Topics: 8037
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0