Author Topic: Brisbane 2 Sydney 0  (Read 1019 times)

dave_saves

• Premiers & Champions 10/11, 13/14; Champions 11/12
Brisbane 2 Sydney 0
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »
f**k yeah!

Can't belie this hasn't been mentioned yet but we beat the Smufs in a behind closed doors friendly. Both teams were under strength but importantly Gameiro got some game time. FBK, Papa, TK, Holman all still out.

Maccarone & Skapetis the scorers.

With this in mind I must ask everyone how many points we'll win the league by this year off the back of this result? I'm tipping 10 points.
Most Recent: Brisbane 1 (Maccarone 8') lost to Adelaide 2
Roar history (vs FFA Cup/HAL/ACL teams) P: 399 W: 170 D: 98 L: 131 GF: 601 GA: 500
Best: 7-1 Vs. AU (28/10/11), 6-0 Vs Global FC (31/1/17)
Worst: 0-6 Ulsan Hyundai (28/2/17)

Chico Raul

Re: Brisbane 2 Sydney 0
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 06:33:48 PM »
I posted a question under Only Three and a Bit Weeks as to how we might set up to best use Big Mac?
I am scratching my head as I just can't see how to use this guy.
We need to be stronger defensively and better in attack compared to last season, so I really don't see us doing too well. Most teams seem to have recruited well.
As for points, 10 points is a bit low given 22 was the bottom last season, but I think most other teams are stronger than last season so somewhere in the twenties for us.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
Daves' question was how much we'll win the league by.

I reckon we'll have it wrapped up by round 8, with other teams forfeiting or sending second string teams up against us to give the juniors game time against the champions-in-waiting.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Chico Raul

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »
Daves' question was how much we'll win the league by.

I reckon we'll have it wrapped up by round 8, with other teams forfeiting or sending second string teams up against us to give the juniors game time against the champions-in-waiting.
LOL
Didn't have my reading glasses on!
Love Dave's sense of humour

mellod

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:52 AM »
No one from Sydney's starting XI in their FFA cup game played this game. They played Simon, Carney, Ryall, Cisak and Kalik. So pretty much their bench players started and the rest of the team was youth.

We were missing FBK, Kristensen, Bautheac, Papa.

No real surprise we won and I imagine the result would have been pretty different if they had played a stronger side.

coast

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
No one from Sydney's starting XI in their FFA cup game played this game. They played Simon, Carney, Ryall, Cisak and Kalik. So pretty much their bench players started and the rest of the team was youth.

No real surprise we won and I imagine the result would have been pretty different if they had played a stronger side.

On paper, with their best squad, Sydney is a 3 goal better side than us.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:59 PM »

So Sydney really won the game 3-2

medley

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »

Wouldn't that be 5-2 ?

coast

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »

Actually, I'm suggesting that the difference is closer to 3-0.  We would have great difficulty scoring against Sydney's first 11.  But all will be revealed in time.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2049
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 204662
  • Total Topics: 8007
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online