Author Topic: Kingsman Gone **David Pourre In**  (Read 2468 times)

Orange Emperoar

Kingsman Gone **David Pourre In**
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:28:06 PM »
Announcement from the club.
https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/club-update

Puts own company up as major sponsor, puts charity on front of shirt. I was hoping for better.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:57:45 PM by Finsta »
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

coast

Re: Kingsman Gone
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
I thought he did SFA. 

But maybe that's because that was all he was allowed to do.   Hard to escape the impression that the whole club is a mickey mouse operation run on a shoestring. 

Just a hunch, but I suspect that a second Brisbane club might pull a fair number of thoroughly disenchanted once Roar supporters.  I for one am so fucking over it.

BrynFC

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
Have to agree with Coast 100%

David Dodd

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:06 PM »
Id jump ship in a heart beat.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 07:02:36 PM »
C'mon you Strikers!

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »
I have and always will bleed Orange. No chance in hell I'd ever change. I take the very good with the very bad.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

MonteCristo

• Two feet, studs up
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »
Christ. We managed an off-season for once where we weren't swimming for our lives, and now this. Sigh.

scribbo

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
Sad how the club has just plodded along since the Bakries mob took over, so much uncertainty every year, no wonder we can't get much sponsorship.
We all want the club to do well but nothing much is going to change until we get some decent owners.
I am sorry to see Kingsman go, as I was when David Pourre left but am never surprised at what transpires at the club now.

kb55

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »
Courier Mail:
INDONESIA-based Brisbane Roar owner Nirwan Bakrie and his adviser Chris Fong will meet with Football Federation Australia chief executive David Gallop and A-League boss Greg O?Rourke to thrash out the club?s future.
The Roar are again in off-field crisis following the Bakrie Group?s shock decision to sack managing director Mark Kingsman on Monday.
It?s understood Kingsman?s replacement will be appointed within 10 days, with FFA wanting a senior sports administrator appointed to the role.
O?Rourke on Tuesday told The Courier-Mail that Bakrie and Fong ? the former Roar chairman who is back in favour with Bakrie to the extent that he has returned on the board as deputy chairman ? were visiting Australia within a fortnight to meet with him and Galllop.
Fong ? who stood down as chairman in controversial circumstances in May 2015 following the sudden departure of then managing director Sean Dobson - is heavily involved in the appointment of a new managing director and as well the formation of an advisory board.
 O?Rourke said the Bakrie Group had told FFA on three occasions since July that they remained committed to the Roar.
?When we meet it?ll be great to hear their future intentions and plans for the club,? O?Rourke said.
Roar chairman Rahim Soekasah, who flew to Brisbane from Jakarta to sack Kingsman, was at the club?s training session at Ballymore on Tuesday.
It?s understood he later had lunch with former state politician Robert Cavallucci.
Once involved with the Roar on an advisory basis, Cavallucci is now the chairman of Brisbane City?s bid for inclusion in an expanded A-League.
The Roar?s off-field woes have been mirrored on the park, with the John Aloisi-coached team having lost their first two games of the season.

gooseman22

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
David Pourre has been re-signed as Managing Director

denzele

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
David Pourre has been re-signed as Managing Director
Glad this is been solved quickly . Apparently Eric the French has arrived . Hope he gets to play on Sunday . Unless Aloisi thinks he's not ready yet ....

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 12:26:54 PM »
Interesting that David Pourre has agreed to jump back in the hot seat. He obviously loves the club which is a great thing! Hopefully the good work that's happening behind the scenes (more fan engagement/Logan base, Academy stuff etc) continues in an upward trajectory.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

kb55

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 01:09:29 PM »
Brisbane Roar slam FFA over breach of trust (The World Game)

The Indonesian-based Bakrie Group, which owns the Roar, is furious over the leaking of a "private and confidential" communication from themselves to A-League chief Greg O'Rourke, which was highlighted in a Fox Sports report on Tuesday claiming imminent talks were pending to "thrash out the club's future".

Former chairman Chris Fong, who has re-emerged after a two-year absence in a new high profile role for the club, insisted that a planned meeting in Sydney between Roar owner Nirwan Bakrie, himself, O'Rourke and FFA CEO David Gallop had more to do with the FFA's on-going stability than the Roar's.
Speaking to The World Game, Fong said he and Bakrie intended quizzing the FFA over the steps it was taking over "strengthening the league to align with international standards, as instructed by FIFA".
The return of Fong, which coincided this week with the removal of Roar CEO Mark Kingsman, has the three-time A-League champions back in the spotlight.
The Indonesian-based Bakrie Group, which owns the Roar, is furious over the leaking of a "private and confidential" communication from themselves to A-League chief Greg O'Rourke, which was highlighted in a Fox Sports report on Tuesday claiming imminent talks were pending to "thrash out the club's future".
Former chairman Chris Fong, who has re-emerged after a two-year absence in a new high profile role for the club, insisted that a planned meeting in Sydney between Roar owner Nirwan Bakrie, himself, O'Rourke and FFA CEO David Gallop had more to do with the FFA's on-going stability than the Roar's.
Speaking to The World Game, Fong said he and Bakrie intended quizzing the FFA over the steps it was taking over "strengthening the league to align with international standards, as instructed by FIFA".
The return of Fong, which coincided this week with the removal of Roar CEO Mark Kingsman, has the three-time A-League champions back in the spotlight.
But Fong believes the light of scrutiny should be shining brightest on the FFA.
"It hinges on the word embarrassing when you've been away for two years but have been reading up and speaking to other clubs about what has been going on (with FIFA on the brink of stepping in to run the game in Australia)," Fong said.
"It's a debacle in terms of the whole process and the way FFA has gone about things.
"Now you have something like this - in terms of what's happened to us.
"A privateand confidential communication (in late August) with the FFA (Greg O'Rourke) and myself outlined that we were reviewing the administration at the club, with the view of providing the necessary resources and support from that review.
"It makes you wonder: who can you trust anymore?
"How can you have faith in your administrator when you can't even have a confidential conversation about your club without it being leaked to a favoured media outlet.
"When you are being undermined by your own administrator it's just plain embarrassing."
"The FFA was presumptuous in assuming it was all about the future of the Roar. That was never stated by us.
"We intended to talk about the health of the competition, and our own growth plans but the basis of the trip was really all about the game in Australia, and what future role the FFA saw themselves having.
"We've known from day one that Australia had an exemption (in terms of a governance model which didn't meet FIFA statutes) and it's time for that exemption to be removed, so that governance of the game is up to international standards."
Fong underlined the Bakries' support of the other nine A-League clubs in the battle with the FFA for a "greater say in how the game is run", with a FIFA normalisation committee to replace the FFA board on the horizon should consensus over an expanded Congress not be reached by the November 30 deadline.
"I know all the clubs, and all the owners, and we get on very well," he said.
"Things need to change for the good of the game.
"The problem in Australia is the way the game is moving forward.
"There are 10 investors who have poured a lot of money into the game yet don't have an equal say."
Despite the ructions at the Roar, Fong contends that stability will be maintained.
"We have moved forward, though unfortunately there are casualties as announced this week," he said.
"But there is a robust plan and that's what they were acting upon."

theoworldwide

Re: Kingsman Gone **David Pourre In**
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:36:19 AM »
The circus is back

Septic Bladder

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
The circus never left - just moved on to the next act.

coast

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
I honestly cannot understand why the Bakries continue to own Brisbane Roar.  Originally it was because they wanted a good price, but now they've run the joint down to the point that it's worth a fraction of what it was a couple of years back.

denzele

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:40 AM »
Looks like Cavalluci will be part of advisory board again . He wants to help out .

Septic Bladder

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
I honestly cannot understand why the Bakries continue to own Brisbane Roar.  Originally it was because they wanted a good price, but now they've run the joint down to the point that it's worth a fraction of what it was a couple of years back.

I'm still trying to work out why they bought the team in the first place!

coast

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »

They were assembling a portfolio of football clubs.  Brisbane is the sole survivor. 

Septic Bladder

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »

They were assembling a portfolio of football clubs.  Brisbane is the sole survivor. 

Still doesnt explain why. What was there grand plan?

To make money?  hahahaha!
To transfer indonesian players and improve their standard?
?????

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205170
  • Total Topics: 8034
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online