Author Topic: Best Beers ?  (Read 21548 times)

porgys

• Welcome back Matty!
Re: Best Beers ?
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
Newstead Brewing officially opens today. Will aim to check it out in a week or so's time.

Did you end up checking out Newstead Brewing, TAC?

I went there last night - they have some pretty good drops.

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
Newstead Brewing officially opens today. Will aim to check it out in a week or so's time.

Nah, not yet. I'm hoping to check it out tomorrow night, or at some frickin' point in January :P

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:50 AM »
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Boozey

• Here for the football not the bullshit.
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »

I've been to Newstead Brewing, it's not bad but i found Green Beacon just up the road a bit had some better beers.  Both are well worth checking out though.  You can do a nice little craft beer crawl through that area, start at either newstead or green beacon and stop off at Tipplers tap as you go between them.

dobo

« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »

I've been to Newstead Brewing, it's not bad but i found Green Beacon just up the road a bit had some better beers.  Both are well worth checking out though.  You can do a nice little craft beer crawl through that area, start at either newstead or green beacon and stop off at Tipplers tap as you go between them.

i tend to agree. the food looked good at Newstead Brewing though. I just went to Tomahawk Bar in southbank where Piaf used to be. I believe it is owned by the same guys that own Tipler's Tap. Some good beers there but it is rather pricey. foods not bad either.

Boozey

« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »
yeah Tomahawk is owned by the same guys that do tipplers tap.   Apparently Mustang Bar in the valley is about to undergo a big change as well to this place http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/food-news/mustang-bar-becomes-woolly-mammoth-alehouse-20140902-3eqz1.html

TenaciousAC

• B to the Rizzo, F to the Cisse
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:59 PM »
yeah Tomahawk is owned by the same guys that do tipplers tap.   Apparently Mustang Bar in the valley is about to undergo a big change as well to this place http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/food-news/mustang-bar-becomes-woolly-mammoth-alehouse-20140902-3eqz1.html

And all that just a week after the old "Bank Vault" bar was rebranded and opened as "Brunswick and Ann" as... you guessed it.... another craft beer bar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boozey

« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
hmmm maybe a craft beer pub and brewery crawl could be in order.  Starting at newstead and working back towards the city.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205170
  • Total Topics: 8034
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0