Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs CCM/BR WL vs PG WL - 5/11/17 - HAL Rnd 5 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 1900 times)

David Dodd

Re: Brisbane Roar vs CCM/BR WL vs PG WL - 5/11/17 - HAL Rnd 5 - Suncorp Stadium
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 09:25:51 PM »
First game I have attended in over a year. First game for my 14 month old son. The day started poorly when we found out Raso wasnt playing in the womens game. At half time I had a shit beer. At full time it was 1-4. Then the men came on and ruined what would have been a brilliant day out at suncorp stadium.
The football presented in the a-league fixture today was depressing. Pure shit. At least I didnt have to pay for the kids. I would however like my money back because that was torture.

cottonjaws

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
I feel sorry for the ones that are still trying. We have big problems.
We are either suffering from the age factor or more scarily it could be motivation.

JA signings are not too bad,
I disagree with many about FBK, I think he has been a good signing and has had an impact,without him we would be totally embarrassing in attack as well as defence.
Bautheac looks class and I feel about as bad for him as FBK probably does for talking in to coming out here. Macaroni is good for 30 mins and probably a super sub by the end of the season. Oxborrow is better than Pepper at least.

McKay is struggling this year and I?m beginning to wonder if TK made him look decent last year.

Holman has Energy for about 10 minutes in a game and if he does nothing you may as well sub him then.

In summary the preseason looks like it was more telling than many had hoped.

Dinoweb

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 11:55:05 PM »
Where to begin?

Macaroni, obviously skillfull and reads the game well, but he's not a hold the ball up kind of guy, and he's too slow up front to do anything else.

Bautheac, nice skills but didn't do much with them. Only been here a couple of weeks, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

FBK, made intelligent runs, but was crap when he had the ball.

McKay, sorry Matty, I have always been a huge fan but was unsighted today. Usually that happens when he's trying to do too much, but today I'm not so sure.

Holman, I thought he did some good stuff, often seemed to pop up in our better moves.

North and Papa, solid and probably made us look better than we were by killing so many of their attacks.

Young, some nice saves as usual, and deserved MOTM in an uninspiring team effort, but his distribution was shit. (30 passes, Accuracy 26.7% OMG!)

The rest some good bits and some bad bits.

Not unhappy with the effort displayed, but the teamwork was almost non-existent, at least in attack. We just looked clueless, and I couldn't figure out how the formation we were playing was supposed to work. Either there's a lot of players out of position a lot of the time, or it's just plain shite, and the coach is to blame.

The team is just not working together, and I saw nothing to suggest that's likely to change any time soon.

Sorry JA but I'm putting the blame for this debacle squarely on you.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Septic Bladder

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
Maccarone - every week he does something to convince me that he will soon see Red. That forearm jolt to the face was worthy of a Red.

Da Silva - he earned Brisbane a point today.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:05:38 AM by Septic Bladder »

Chico Raul

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 06:14:01 AM »
Passes completed 223. Accuracy 72%
Territory 41%
Possession 43%
Fouls conceded 22 
Shots on Target 4

I looked to me like the guys are panicking. Desperately kicking the ball anywhere, and fouling. Which suggests either the system is no longer based on a possession or the guys are so focused on the result that they are not sticking to instructions.  It looks like a case of floggings continuing until morale improves. And we are continually seem to be waiting for a circuit breaker that does not come. It will all click when.... the guys have a few games under their belt because preseason was disrupted (now played 5) ................... waiting for Tin Tin (aka Bautheac) ................ waiting for Gameiro ? ..........waiting for TK.

dobo

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:30 AM »
yesterday was the worst attacking performance we have had in a long time. Previous games we at least had some spark up front, it was missing cohesion and the final product but there were at least good signs previously. yesterday there was just nothing, we never even looked like we would score. our only chances came from set pieces and even then it looked like the only way we would get a chance is if they made a mistake.

the first half was defensively better than we have looked all season, but we did not cope with the changes they made at half time and ran out of legs in the second half which saw us just holding on for dear life for most of the second half. We are very very lucky CCM dont have a striker.

Fixer

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »
Couple of things that didn?t make sense
Why drop Caletti for pepper , at least joe can pass a ball 5 metres , Pepper just kicks into the stand.
Why play Ingam as left back when you have O?Toole who is a left back sitting on bench, he should have switched Ingam to right back at 1/2 time as quite clearly Hingeart was injured.
Also why are we getting so many injuries , with the longest preseason on the planet we should be bullet proof .
Next week would like to see Caletti come back in drop ox back to bench also give Dags a run instead of Holman , the injury to Hingeart could mean Pepper into the back line , god save us .

mellod

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
Couple of things that didn?t make sense
Why drop Caletti for pepper , at least joe can pass a ball 5 metres , Pepper just kicks into the stand.
Why play Ingam as left back when you have O?Toole who is a left back sitting on bench, he should have switched Ingam to right back at 1/2 time as quite clearly Hingeart was injured.
Also why are we getting so many injuries , with the longest preseason on the planet we should be bullet proof .
Next week would like to see Caletti come back in drop ox back to bench also give Dags a run instead of Holman , the injury to Hingeart could mean Pepper into the back line , god save us .

I think Oxborrow was brought in to add more defensively. Caletti and McKay are both pretty weak in that regard.

I can only assume Ingham was played over O'Toole due to O'Toole's inexperience. He hasn't played a single A-League game yet. For what it's worth, Ingham did better than I was expecting him too, although it is quite obvious that he still shouldn't play on the left as he offered not a whole lot in attack.

Daggers has been pretty terrible when played as an AM so far, so I doubt he would get the nod over Holman.

As for injuries, who knows. Could be age, but then we have players who are younger that are still getting injured. Not sure who our strength and conditioning staff are (if we have them at all). Could have something to do with them, could have something to do with Aloisi not knowing how to properly prepare a team for a season.

denzele

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
Just over 11K on Sunday arvo with kids free tickets tells a story for itself . Next home game will drop bellow 10K the way it's going .

coast

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
Just over 11K on Sunday arvo with kids free tickets tells a story for itself . Next home game will drop bellow 10K the way it's going .

I am very doubtful about that figure.  It looked lower.  This keeps up and we'll be back to 6 or 7.  This team simply isn't worth watching.  The only question for me now is what it will take to get JA and his team fired.

dobo

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »

I am very doubtful about that figure.  It looked lower.  This keeps up and we'll be back to 6 or 7.  This team simply isn't worth watching.  The only question for me now is what it will take to get JA and his team fired.

I wonder how long it takes to do your coaching licence in Germany? This is my dream but it is way too early for that, Ideally he would have a season or two as an assistant or as manager of a lower division to get some experience :) i can dream right

denzele

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:39 AM »

It's not going to get any better with next 3 games for Aloisi . Victory away - City home - Sydney away ...

denzele

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
Not sure why they open 2nd level on Sunday when there was heaps of room below to fit all this people . Club keeps paying for empty seats doesn't it ?

Septic Bladder

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »
I reckon they should strategically close some sections Suncorp to concentrate the crowd and improve the atmosphere both live and on TV

coast

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »

I wonder how long it takes to do your coaching licence in Germany? This is my dream but it is way too early for that, Ideally he would have a season or two as an assistant or as manager of a lower division to get some experience :) i can dream right

I am confident that when or if Thomas comes back, it''l be in a coaching role with the new Brisbane A League side.  I would bet my bottom dollar he wouldn't come to the Roar.

dobo

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »

I am confident that when or if Thomas comes back, it''l be in a coaching role with the new Brisbane A League side.  I would bet my bottom dollar he wouldn't come to the Roar.

I dont know about that, he was around, in his Brisbane roar gear, at almost all the preseason games. I wouldn't think he would do that if there was lots of bad blood between him and the club. He clearly still has some affinity with the club. I did some digging with brisbane city and apart from one Thomas Broich clinic he did just after the news reports, He hasnt seemed to have been involved at all in anything they are doing for the next season and is not being advertised at all with them.

he clearly had some differences in opinion on how the club was being run last season (both in the footballing department and off the field) but he always did his best trying to implement the coaches ideas.

I really hope that he does come back to the roar. I think him moving to a new brisbane a-league team would be pretty much the only thing that would even remotely have a chance of me changing allegiances.

gooseman22

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »

I dont know about that, he was around, in his Brisbane roar gear, at almost all the preseason games. I wouldn't think he would do that if there was lots of bad blood between him and the club. He clearly still has some affinity with the club. I did some digging with brisbane city and apart from one Thomas Broich clinic he did just after the news reports, He hasnt seemed to have been involved at all in anything they are doing for the next season and is not being advertised at all with them.

he clearly had some differences in opinion on how the club was being run last season (both in the footballing department and off the field) but he always did his best trying to implement the coaches ideas.

I really hope that he does come back to the roar. I think him moving to a new brisbane a-league team would be pretty much the only thing that would even remotely have a chance of me changing allegiances.
I thought he?d already signed on at Brisbane City in a coaching role, as part of their bid....?

dobo

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 06:10:18 PM »

I thought he?d already signed on at Brisbane City in a coaching role, as part of their bid....?

In the first step to perhaps becoming City?s first A-League coach should the club gain entry into an expanded national competition, Broich will work with the NPL Queensland club?s juniors, be mentored by first-team coach John Kosmina and help shape City?s football department.
it doesn't look like he has anything to do with the gladiators bid yet (apart from being vaguely linked by marco). there was a thomas broich camp held at city at the begining of september but no mentions of him since then from any of the city posts. City have started trials and training for their juniors but there has been nothing about broich being ther

dsfarrell

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »

Broich is overseas in Germany at the moment doing his coaching courses etc. So thats why hasnt been around at Brisbane City.

Dinoweb

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »

I'd want ownership at Roar to change for the better (and there is no guarantee that any change would be for the better, but we can hope) before Broich was offered a coaching gig.

Certainly off field dramas continue to hamper the on field performance.

I would hate to see Broich come back to coach only to see him not receive proper off field support, and leave the club disillusioned and disgruntled.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar