Author Topic: Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar - 11/11/17 - HAL Rnd 6 - Etihad Stadium  (Read 1552 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar - 11/11/17 - HAL Rnd 6 - Etihad Stadium
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »
Dobo, I believe we should treat Big Mac as we would Berisha... a great finisher in the 6 and 18 yards area as well as in the air.
 Exception is not closing down defence when not in possession, I believe Berisha is unique in that, for A-league strikers..
 I dont see Berisha expected to get away with speed, like Macca 1 did. The same should be said of Big Mac .. It is up to the rest of the team to work on his strengths....
 eg. the big Klud for Wellington, everyone was bagging him when he was with us.... now someone has learned to appreciate his strengths and he is scoring for fun...
end of rant..
I agree with you.. It's about adaptability and playing to strengths. Even on the weekend I felt that Berisha was nullified a fair bit because he did not have pacey wingers getting to the byline and feeding him dangerous balls. Only when that young bloke took us on and created some distress in the box did Berisha get the opportunity to do what he does best.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Septic Bladder

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Dobo, I believe we should treat Big Mac as we would Berisha... a great finisher in the 6 and 18 yards area as well as in the air.
 Exception is not closing down defence when not in possession, I believe Berisha is unique in that, for A-league strikers..
 I dont see Berisha expected to get away with speed, like Macca 1 did. The same should be said of Big Mac .. It is up to the rest of the team to work on his strengths....
 eg. the big Klud for Wellington, everyone was bagging him when he was with us.... now someone has learned to appreciate his strengths and he is scoring for fun...
end of rant..
I agree with you.. It's about adaptability and playing to strengths. Even on the weekend I felt that Berisha was nullified a fair bit because he did not have pacey wingers getting to the byline and feeding him dangerous balls. Only when that young bloke took us on and created some distress in the box did Berisha get the opportunity to do what he does best.

What you are really saying is that Aloisi cant explain how or organise his team to use Big Mac in the most effective manner

Paolo

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
I cant believe its the coach.... I mean thats basic sunday football stuff.... I tend to believe that its the players not implementing , and Aloisi, unlike Ange is not ruthless enough with his players to demand what he expects...

Speculation only of course....

Septic Bladder

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
I cant believe its the coach.... I mean thats basic sunday football stuff.... I tend to believe that its the players not implementing , and Aloisi, unlike Ange is not ruthless enough with his players to demand what he expects...

Speculation only of course....

...so it is Aloisi's fault.

Chico Raul

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »
Rewatched the game.
Valeri clearly elbowed Tin Tin in the face resulting in three stitches.
The referee took no action so surely that one has to be looked at.
Valeri and Williams were both lucky to stay on the field.

dobo

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »
end of rant..

What you are really saying is that Aloisi cant explain how or organise his team to use Big Mac in the most effective manner
I dont know, i thought in the first couple of rounds our attack looked like there was a spark about it (it obviously hadnt clicked but we were getting the ball into the right areas just missing the final ball). in the last 2 rounds that spark has disappeared. Perhaps it is because aloisi has tired to tighten things up defensively (which has worked) but we haven't really looked threatening.

Hopefully it is just a matter of us not really having the legs for 90 mins yet, (as i have said many times we were well and truly behind the 8 ball and are only just catching up). I think we are still about 1 or 2 weeks behind, hopefully when we are up to speed we can join the good defensive displays and the spark in attack.

coast

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
Rewatched the game.
Valeri clearly elbowed Tin Tin in the face resulting in three stitches.
The referee took no action so surely that one has to be looked at.
Valeri and Williams were both lucky to stay on the field.

Both have form in this kind of foul.  Valeria goes about his business quietly, but he's one of the dirtiest players in the competition, constantly fouling.

mellod

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »
There was also the studs up to the ankle tackle on Daggers where Valeri was pretty lucky not to do some damage.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205170
  • Total Topics: 8034
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0