Author Topic: Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar - 11/11/17 - HAL Rnd 6 - Etihad Stadium  (Read 1585 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia
Saturday, 11th November 2017
Kickoff 7:50pm (VIC) , 6:50pm (QLD)
Coverage on FS1HD from 4:30pm QLD (Adelaide vs Newcastle) & One from 6:45pm
&

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
(Remember, we're the away team!)

For other prices and sections, check the link in the seating map
(Prices don't include processing fees)

Away Team:
Adult  -  $34.09
Junior (4-16yr)  -  $8.14
Concession (ID Required)  -  $22.87
Family Adult (Multiples of 2; Price is singular)  -  $34.09
Family Junior (Multiples of 2; Price is singular)  -  $0.00

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tr0jan

Re: Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar - 11/11/17 - HAL Rnd 6 - Etihad Stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
If we play like we did today and like we did in the first half of the Wellington game then just like in pre-season matches and the FFA cup we are in for a hammering.

Chico Raul

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 06:16:18 AM »
A forfeit would only be 3-0. And the saved air fares and accommodation could pay the fine. Looking good.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »
TALE OF THE TAPE:

A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

coast

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
If we lose, as is likely, how many more winless games before Aloisi is out the door?

I reckon another 2.  Mulvey got 6 games, from memory.

Waz Brown reckons there is no interest at management level in showing JA the door, but surely there has to be a point where it happens, to preserve the club.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 07:20:41 PM »
Where is Brisbane's Red Poppy?

It's Remembrance Day.

Tr0jan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
Where is Brisbane's Red Poppy?

It's Remembrance Day.

I can't remember this ever being a thing. So either I've slept through the last 42 years of my life or it's a recent phenomenon.

Either way, big deal. Someone will always be offended over the slightest thing.

Chico Raul

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »
In terms of intensity, I rate that as our best performance so far.
Given we played with one regular centre back, a young left back on debut, still no TK, a young number 10, the guys put in a big effort and were worth the point.
Probably  the most disappointing for us was Maccarone. 
The youngsters really put in a good shift.
The Fox pundits gave points to George and Williams. Really?
Papa was magnificent. And Tin Tin every bit as good as George.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 09:36:12 PM »
I take comfort from the fact that all the teams that have beaten us are doing well (except Adelaide) and that all the teams we have drawn with are in the same vicinity on the ladder (except Gosford).

If City come up and thump us at home, I'll be asking for John to find another job. If we win or put in a good showing for a draw, I'm happy enough to see things drag on for another week.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

denzele

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 10:34:44 PM »
Interesting game indeed . Considering who played for us I'll take point any day like this . Maccarone is way too lazy . Gives up so easily . Like what I saw from Connor O'Toole certainly future star . Keep Holman on bench more often I say . It does work makes him more usable instead of wasting him from start .

Tin Tin aka Eric the French it's getting better and better . Young man of the match without any doubt . Even Pepper played ok until he lost Bess for that goal . Daggers needs to use his body better and ffs have a shot on the goal instead of trying to pass 3 players in the box . Overall pleased with performance . City next will be tough one but some positive after this one can be drawn  .

jamboree

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 11:45:21 PM »
Match suggested a few interesting things for me:
Pepper looks a much better CB than CDM -- could we play 3 at the back with him ?
Two proper fullbacks making overlapping runs on their correct side helps both in attack and defence.
Looked better without FBK and Holman playing together - they are too similar to me and one only should play at 10 with the other on the bench. Having proper wide players to stretch teams and fit enough to get back (skapetis and EB).
Caletti looked better -- having younger players around helps. They lacked a proper 10 which also helps.

Imagine if we still had a striker like berisha.

cottonjaws

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 12:38:25 AM »
Looks like JA has been reading these forums. Much more balanced team tonight.

Holman is probably bed used as a super sub and to be honest I think Macaronne is too... trouble is you can?t have two marque super subs, that?s madness!

McKay is still struggling a bit but improved tonight, Pepper finally showed why he is on the payroll - decent shift at CB. Bauthaec is a class above and if Young wasn?t on fire as usual could easily of been man of the match.

Now down to GK how can Theo get back in to the team - he has been shaky since the start of the season and Young hasn?t put a foot wrong yet. If it?s an ego thing and we need to choose between Theo and Young I?m happy for Theo to walk.

Nothing like a bottom of the table clash to improve morale.

MonkJet

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 09:50:11 AM »
Does anyone have any news on why North / Oxborrow / Gameiro were out of the squad?

I guess Oxborrow was dropped for his pass straight to de Silva last week.

I heard North was ruled out during the week but not why. I don't recall him being injured much in the past so if it is an injury problem that's probably not a good sign.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »
In the post match interview, I didn't hear anything about Oxborrow.

North got a knock so they are making sure he's alright. Gameiro he mentioned managing back into the game after so long out.

He was talking a lot about "bad luck" being a factor, with so many injuries caused by knocks rather than muscle issues.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Dinoweb

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »
Obviously a better performance this week.

Not happy with Macaronne, was a liability upfront. Cant' think of one usefull thing I saw him do, but lots of bad.

Good game from Bautheac, but felt he was trying to do too much. Seemed like he was trying to lift the team, which he did, but was throwing himself around like a maniac. Maybe that's his style, but I can't see any player being able to do that week in week out.

Personally I don't think it was a coincidence that we looked better without BFK on the park. A skilfull player no doubt, but he was a cul-de-sac every time he got the ball up front against CCM.

Pepper had a good game down the back. He's not he first FB to keep Berisha quiet for 99% of a game only to see him score because of 1 mistake.

Liked the look of O'Toole, but one game dosen't make a career. Still, one to watch. (Have to sat the same thing about the young kid that came on for Melbourne. Impressive)

Holman as a sub, unlike some I think he plays well as a starter, but looked even better as an impact player off the bench. Would not be unhappy to see him do that more often.

Given the ad-hoc nature of our defence last night, I thought we generally did pretty well. Still not seeing us threatening anyone come finals time though.

I'd rate that performance a 6 out of 10, unlike the 3 from a week ago.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

scribbo

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 04:01:05 PM »
I see we are on the bottom of the table now after a Wellington win, Kaluderovic scoring two goals, he seems to be firing well down there with a different formation.
Macaronne has been pretty ordinary, was frustrating watching the fullbacks just run around him last night but at thirty eight is to be expected in such a pacy league. I guess JA thought otherwise when he signed him.

Chico Raul

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »
I see we are on the bottom of the table now after a Wellington win, Kaluderovic scoring two goals, he seems to be firing well down there with a different formation.
Macaronne has been pretty ordinary, was frustrating watching the fullbacks just run around him last night but at thirty eight is to be expected in such a pacy league. I guess JA thought otherwise when he signed him.
As I said earlier, I rate the Victory game as the best in terms of intensity so far, and really it was only Maccarone that did not play with the intensity needed.
Maccarone lacks the pace needed and was never an option if we are to play counter attacking. That was his worst game since preseason.
Our recent stats in terms of possession show that we are no longer playing the possession style we have been used to in years gone by. We seem to be neither one thing nor the other, with individuals like Tin Tin trying to take on the world single handed as a result. I think that Jamie Mclaren would go ok with the likes of Tin Tin, FBK, Hingert and Brown to provide assists, which only highlights that Maccarone issue.
Last season, WSW made the finals without a striker that really was on fire, with the aging Santalab (now 35), the best of their bunch.
So there is maybe some slim hope of improvement. But I feel that I am clutching at straws. WSW were better defensively.
Gameiro's strike record was never great, so I don't see him as an option as striker. D'aggers may get a few.
Quite possibly we will see that we do marginally better away from home, (where not losing is at least something), than at home where we have to score more goals than the opposition.
Still, I will take 1-1 at Victory any day of the week, and see how we go against City on Friday.
This might be one of those seasons where everyone takes points off everyone else, which is hopeful I guess, especially when Sydney get caught up in the ACL,  though I still don't see us extracting ourselves from the bottom any time soon. Next Friday is a must win.

dobo

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:35 AM »
i said 3 weeks ago that we looked about 5 weeks behind the competition. i think this week showed that we are slowly catching up (but with city, sfc and wsw coming up it looks like the season will be gone by the time we are competitive).

I think holeman is finally about ready to actually deserve a starting spot, this was the first week where he wasn't doing everything at a stretch, something he struggles with when not at 100%. I think he is better when he starts (when at 100%) than off the bench but he is a liability no matter if he starts or not if he is not fit.

Pepper was fantastic as CB, apart from being very slow to react and hence out of position for the goal, he didn't put a foot wrong (and this is from someone that thinks he is an absolute wage thief as a midfielder). our midfield looked much more balanced, but was still out of legs by about 75mins which is concerning. after initially being impressed by Big Mac (i still think he is a talent), i just cant seem to work out how we want to play him and how he will be most dangerous. we dont seem to be able to get him the ball up front in dangerous positions, he always seems to be completely isolated with the ball and there is only so much he can do with 3 or 4 defenders to beat. we seem to want to just whip crossed into him but i dont think our service has been anywhere near good enough (particularly set pieces)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:36 AM »
Young did have a cracking game saves wise but f**k me his distribution is woeful. Unnecessary pressure put on the team, time and time again.

Over to the positives and what a hole to get ourselves out of considering what happening pre-game with withdrawals etc. Backs to the wall and the boys stood up and were counted. The Nix game showed we've got plenty of ticker and this game only reinforced it.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Paolo

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »
Dobo, I believe we should treat Big Mac as we would Berisha... a great finisher in the 6 and 18 yards area as well as in the air.
 Exception is not closing down defence when not in possession, I believe Berisha is unique in that, for A-league strikers..
 I dont see Berisha expected to get away with speed, like Macca 1 did. The same should be said of Big Mac .. It is up to the rest of the team to work on his strengths....
 eg. the big Klud for Wellington, everyone was bagging him when he was with us.... now someone has learned to appreciate his strengths and he is scoring for fun...
end of rant..

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205209
  • Total Topics: 8037
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online