Author Topic: Australia vs Honduras - 15/11/17 - WC Play Off 2nd Leg - Stadium Australia  (Read 1477 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Stadium Australia, Sydney, Australia
Wednesday, 15th November 2017
Kickoff 8:00pm (NSW), 7:00pm (QLD)
Coverage on FS 501HD from 6:00pm QLD (Pre Game) & Nine from 7:00pm QLD
&

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

>> Australian Squad <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Category C & Category A Restricted View - Sold Out

Category A
Adult Only  -  $85.00

Category B (Single Seats Only)
Adult  -  $65.00
Concession (Pensioner/Student - ID Required)  -  $50.00
Junior (4-16yr)  -  $35.00
 Family 2A and 2J or 1A and 3J (Admits 4)  -  $140.00

Category C
Adult  -  $35.00
Concession (Pensioner/Student - ID Required)  -  $25.00
Junior (4-16yr)  -  $20.00
 Family 2A and 2J or 1A and 3J (Admits 4)  -  $80.00

Alcohol Free (Category C)
Adult  -  $35.00
 Family 2A and 2J or 1A and 3J (Admits 4)  -  $80.00

Category B Restricted View
Adult  -  $45.00
Concession (Pensioner/Student - ID Required)  -  $35.00
 Family 2A and 2J or 1A and 3J (Admits 4)  -  $100.00

Category C Restricted View
Adult  -  $25.00
Concession (Pensioner/Student - ID Required)  -  $15.00
Junior (4-16yr)  -  $10.00
 Family 2A and 2J or 1A and 3J (Admits 4)  -  $60.00

Australian Active Area
Adult  -  $35.00

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!

Orange Emperoar

Re: Australia vs Honduras - 15/11/17 - WC Play Off 2nd Leg - Stadium Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
$35 for a seat at another potential qualifying game and all the euphoria it entails. I was there in 2013 and the fans stayed for ages after the game finished, and the precinct was buzzing.

Get there if you can.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
Nice to see though the game is in prime time on the main Channel Nine. Brilliant for the sport IMO
King of them All!

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:19:15 PM »
Nice to see though the game is in prime time on the main Channel Nine. Brilliant for the sport IMO
Biggest game since the Asian Cup Final IMO..
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.164 W.82 D.36 L.46

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 07:19:45 PM »

Agreed. Can't afford to concede a goal too, otherwise the away goals rule makes things really difficult
King of them All!

Terror

• Klose - The TRUE White Pele
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 08:34:28 AM »

Agreed. Can't afford to concede a goal too, otherwise the away goals rule makes things really difficult
Channel 9 can see another John Aloisi type moment for the rerun file
f**k England
f**k Chelsea
Laugh at Man united
CR7 is a freak and a c**t

Chico Raul

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:05 AM »
50-50 this one and could go down to the dreaded shoot out.
My main concern is that Australia has not yet found an answer to its striker problem.
If we manage to qualify then quite possibly we will have to hope that one of our eligible foreigners gets Australian nationality before the WC.
Fornaroli could be an option, although I can't say he would be better than anyone else at the International level.
But I am really clutching at straws. It's a major problem and the main reason why we are where we are. A good side firing blanks when it counts. With a tendency to slip on banana skins.
I really hope we can win tonight. But very nervous.
My brother will be in the  crowd as my proxy tonight. Shame it is not up here though I believe they have 75000 tickets sold down there. Hopefully they will make noise.

BrynFC

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 06:10:18 AM »
Im glad Channel nine are playing it in HD!!!!

hate watching football in SD

scribbo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »

So if Honduras score a goal Australia has to score three to win?

Fixer

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:06 AM »

No , we will have to score 2 , if it?s 1-1 they go through any result in our favour means we go through.

gooseman22

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »

Away goal rule only applies if it?s tied at the end. Any win tonight, by either team, sends the winner through.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »

Away goal rule only applies if it?s tied at the end. Any win tonight, by either team, sends the winner through.

As others have said, we win and we go through. They win and they go through. If it's a score draw (1-1; 2-2 etc) they go through on away goals.

Lineups:

King of them All!

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »
Pretty emphatic.

Long live Ange.

We go to the WC with a Confederations Cup tournament and four extra tough games under our belt to further develop the team and give a variety of players a taste of victory.
We won't win the cup, maybe, but we'll have fun while we're there.

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 03:26:20 AM »
Pretty emphatic.

Long live Ange.

We go to the WC with a Confederations Cup tournament and four extra tough games under our belt to further develop the team and give a variety of players a taste of victory.
We won't win the cup, maybe, but we'll have fun while we're there.

Agree on the last two paragraphs. Having already played there will give us a boost as we know what the conditions are like at that time of year and what the stadiums are like to play in. Depends on the group we get though, and knowing us, it's going to be a toughie. Take solace though in that a lot of big teams won't be there, so might be an easier group draw.

Agree that Ange should stay on, as there is little time for a new coach to come in, get to know the players and get those players to adjust to his tactics. Him staying on is best for this team, and quite frankly, he knows that too. Problem is, the interview, like Aloisi, leaves me thinking he's going to call it quits. He did not sound happy and tried his hardest not to commit to anything, and sounded like he was miserable. I don't see him sticking around unless either the media becomes more favourable with him and the team (highly unlikely, but will ease a bit by qualifying), or the FFA make some deal with him (as Ange said, "it" coming to a head), whether that be financially (FFA are tight arses at the best of times), or contractually (possible). With him there, we can put up a good fight, without him and we will likely get torn to pieces, worse than most think
King of them All!

Chico Raul

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »
Congratulations to the Socceroo team and to Ange and staff.
We are there!
As one of the players said after the game. It was not the preferred route but the team will benefit from having overcome the challenges.
Particular congratulations to Ange for standing up, for standing firm and for his leadership.
I thought this was a nervy performance at times, which is understandable, but the sublime touches of Rogic and Mooy were world class.
Jedinak was an absolute rock and we have missed him for so much of the campaign.
Since when is a tackle from behind in the box to deny a goal scoring opportunity with only the goal keeper to beat, not a straight red?
Also, bad goal keeping should not be rewarded with free kicks every time a players challenges a goal keeper for a high ball and the goal keeper makes a mess of it.
The Fox  commentators spoke highly of Honduras and I thought they were given far too much credit.  They left me with the impression that the Asian groups are so much tougher and the skill level much higher than that of  CONCACAF if their two performances are indicative of anything.
At the risk of being a churlish and uncharitable victor, their consolation goal was more than they really deserved.
Whilst we have qualified, there is plenty of work to be done, especially to improve the strike rate from open play. I still believe Ange is the person to continue the journey and I really feel that should he walk, it will be a huge body blow to the players.
Tim Cahill's interview was interesting. Playing at City is a way for him to keep playing for Australia, and if he does not get game time, he will walk. Interesting challenge for City that one.

coast

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 12:04:20 PM »
Congratulations to the Socceroo team and to Ange and staff.
We are there!
As one of the players said after the game. It was not the preferred route but the team will benefit from having overcome the challenges.
Particular congratulations to Ange for standing up, for standing firm and for his leadership.
I thought this was a nervy performance at times, which is understandable, but the sublime touches of Rogic and Mooy were world class.
Jedinak was an absolute rock and we have missed him for so much of the campaign.
Since when is a tackle from behind in the box to deny a goal scoring opportunity with only the goal keeper to beat, not a straight red?
Also, bad goal keeping should not be rewarded with free kicks every time a players challenges a goal keeper for a high ball and the goal keeper makes a mess of it.
The Fox  commentators spoke highly of Honduras and I thought they were given far too much credit.  They left me with the impression that the Asian groups are so much tougher and the skill level much higher than that of  CONCACAF if their two performances are indicative of anything.
At the risk of being a churlish and uncharitable victor, their consolation goal was more than they really deserved.
Whilst we have qualified, there is plenty of work to be done, especially to improve the strike rate from open play. I still believe Ange is the person to continue the journey and I really feel that should he walk, it will be a huge body blow to the players.
Tim Cahill's interview was interesting. Playing at City is a way for him to keep playing for Australia, and if he does not get game time, he will walk. Interesting challenge for City that one.

I personally think that Ange has taken this team as far as he can and needs to move on, which looks almost certain. Time for new ideas.  Ange only had two ideas, and the last one, the back 3, has been a shambles.

Terror

• Klose - The TRUE White Pele
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 03:26:21 PM »
Disagree. Ange is the man that needs to take us to Russia. He does need to start preening some assistant coaches now and hand over to the next manager after the World Cup. Now is not the time.
f**k England
f**k Chelsea
Laugh at Man united
CR7 is a freak and a c**t

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »
A shambles that has seen us qualify for a fourth WC in a row. FFS.

coast

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
A shambles that has seen us qualify for a fourth WC in a row. FFS.

Yes,  The back 3 has been a shambles.  We failed to qualify directly and were part the width of a post from going out to Syria.  We were dead lucky to score Honduras, not Peru.  Uruguay circa 2005 would have carved this Roos team up. 

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »
Tell me again, how many games did we lose over the entire qualifying campaign? How many goals scored? How many goals conceded?

Some of your comments make me suspect that you just look at score lines and don't actually watch the games or consider why Ange might be trying to change the wa we play the game.

Make sure you get back to me with those stats.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205209
  • Total Topics: 8037
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online