Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs Melb. City/BR WL vs AU WL - 17/11/17 - HAL R7 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 1110 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Friday, 17th November 2017
Kickoff 4:20pm (QLD), 5:20pm (Other Eastern States)
Coverage on FS1HD from 4:00pm QLD (Pre Game) & SBS Viceland from 4:20pm
  &

Streams
N/A

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

FOR TICKETS, SEE MAIN GAME BELOW. TICKETS FOR THE MAIN GAME GET FREE ENTRY TO THIS ONE

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Friday, 17th November 2017
Kickoff 6:50pm (QLD), 7:50pm (Other Eastern States)
Coverage on FS 505HD from 4:00pm QLD (W-League BR vs AU)

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Platinum
Adult  -  $40.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $35.00
Junior (4 - 15 years old)  -  $16.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $96.00

Silver
Adult  -  $35.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $28.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $85.00

Orange
Adult  -  $25.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $22.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $66.00

Family End General Admission (Licensed)
Adult  -  $25.00

Family End Reserved (Licensed)
Adult  -  $25.00

Family End Reserved (Unlicensed - NO ALCOHOL)
Adult  -  $25.00

FOR DEN (MEMBERSHIP) TICKETS, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
Click on "Get Tickets" and select "The Den" from the drop down menu

The Den
Adult  -  $25.00

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Orange Emperoar

We gonna win! Yay!
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Tr0jan

Maccarone is too slow. He does not fit into the system that we currently play. He won't be dropped as Aloisi is fucking pig headed and we know this from his time at Melbourne when he continued to play the flop that was Michael Mifsud.

Despite the flattering score that was a dull half of football. Way to many errant passes and a lack of cohesion makes us almost unwatchable.

Thank f**k for La Rocca otherwise it would still be 0-0.

Fixer

Pepper and O?Toole , unbeaten as a back partnership , who da thunk:)

Tr0jan

I ended up changing over to the ladies T20 cricket and in between overs checking on the match.

On the plus side O'Toole looks like he could develop into a decent player for Victory to eventually sign.

miron mercedes

FFS ...we won ! ...you guys need a bit of a reality check . We are playing with a makeshift team . We just beat the 2nd top team . Ok it wasn't silky smooth football but we won by 2 clear goals .....and you lot are bagging them.
Sometimes it takes an ugly win to get the ball rolling . The team played with heart and passion tonight.
Its a start and sure beats losing.
I for one will enjoy our win and worry about the next game next week
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Fixer

Thank god for you Mir
Anyone would have thought we lost 5-0 , the way way we go on
Support the team or fcun off
That?s all
Thanks

denzele

Like I said we will win :) . Let's hope this continues next week . Good effort from the boys . Happy to see Eric the French score . Some good defending from Young  yet again . How do you drop him when Theo is back ? Pappa is legend defends well scores goals what else you can ask from this guy :) ...

Badly needed win must say .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:17:17 AM by denzele »

jamboree

Relief....

Papa was outstanding. Eric really tries hard. Young consistently good. O'Toole should not be dropped if Brown is not 100%.

I d like to try Pepper in CDM if North comes back next week. We leave a lot of space in midfield and don't track the midfield runners. Holman doesn't get back - looks like two strikers at times.

We look better with Skapetis on the field. Provides width on the right and is fit enough to get back. Holman and FBK are too similar. Both struggle to get back.

Chico Raul

Relief....

Papa was outstanding. Eric really tries hard. Young consistently good. O'Toole should not be dropped if Brown is not 100%.

I d like to try Pepper in CDM if North comes back next week. We leave a lot of space in midfield and don't track the midfield runners. Holman doesn't get back - looks like two strikers at times.

We look better with Skapetis on the field. Provides width on the right and is fit enough to get back. Holman and FBK are too similar. Both struggle to get back.
The game felt like a could go either way and this time the cards fell for us.
We punished their mistakes. They did not do the same to us and did not take their opportunities.
Papa was man of the match by a country mile even without his goals. Credit to Aloisi also as there is obviously a clear instruction for Papa to get forwards into places where TK would normally go. But the way that Papa marshelled the makeshift defence again was awesome. Papa is turning into a robo cop the way he seems to be everywhere. Let's hope we get reinforcements before his yellow cards rule him out. Pepper also another creditable performance.
It was a contrasting game for goal keepers. Young was superb in the save. Galekovic had a game to forget.
Once again the referee and VAR (lack of) is noteworthy.
That challenge on Tin Tin that took him out. No action by the ref. Dropped ball as I recall. No action by the VAR. So is there a post match review committee anymore or not?
I am starting to agree with JA's comments a few weeks back that the linesman is putting his flag up too early with borderline off side. I am thinking Maccarone's should have been let go. If he scored then, use the VAR then. Perhaps it just takes too long for the TV people to draw the line. But it looked on side.
Maccarone fades in an out of games. No goals again. But at least an assist.
Tin Tin is Broich-like in that he is so quick and effective he is becoming the most fouled player. Good goal.
After our loss in game one, the one eyed Fox crew were toting Kamau for the Socceroos. Along came O'Toole the Kamau tamer. If I had to pick a future Socceroos from those two, it wouldn't be Kamau.
Their Polish guy is a bit of a nutter!!

Tr0jan

FFS ...we won ! ...you guys need a bit of a reality check . We are playing with a makeshift team . We just beat the 2nd top team . Ok it wasn't silky smooth football but we won by 2 clear goals .....and you lot are bagging them.
Sometimes it takes an ugly win to get the ball rolling . The team played with heart and passion tonight.

It does beat losing, you're spot on. The football that has been on offer this season, for mine, has been poor. I've also lost interest in the A-League. It's become stale. The same ten teams and the same recycled players.

Last week we were dead last and without a win and yet we were only four points off of making the finals. What a farce. I've been a football fan since the old NSL days but the last few years of the A-League have been painful.

Am I happy we won? Yeah, of course.

Was I enthralled and entertained along the way? No. The cricket was far more entertaining.

denzele

I was hoping to see Franjic at least on bench . What happened to Gamerio ? Played 20 against Mariners and again 2 games no sign . Don't tell me he's injured again ?

coast

That wasn't so much a win as a charitable donation from La Rocca and Galekovic.  Thanks for your generous Christmas gift, fellas!

Still, a win is a win and Eric was terrific.  Is it just me or, is O'Toole already a better left back than Brown?  Does Franjic replace Hingert?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:31:36 AM by coast »

coast

It does beat losing, you're spot on. The football that has been on offer this season, for mine, has been poor. I've also lost interest in the A-League. It's become stale. The same ten teams and the same recycled players.

Last week we were dead last and without a win and yet we were only four points off of making the finals. What a farce. I've been a football fan since the old NSL days but the last few years of the A-League have been painful.

Am I happy we won? Yeah, of course.

Was I enthralled and entertained along the way? No. The cricket was far more entertaining.

Sadly, I'm with you.   For the first time since season 1, I am seriously considering cancelling my Fox sub, but I'm hanging on in the hope of radical restructuring at FFA and a reinvigoration of expansion plans. If nothing changes, I'm opting out of Fox.  Another season of this would be too much.

Yowie Dude

coast

Yowie Dude

Murk

That wasn't so much a win as a charitable donation from La Rocca and Galekovic.  Thanks for your generous Christmas gift, fellas!

Still, a win is a win and Eric was terrific.  Is it just me or, is O'Toole already a better left back than Brown?  Does Franjic replace Hingert?
O'Toole is certainly gifted. My Japanese wife even thinks the J League would be interested.

Yowie Dude

Orange Emperoar

It was the most watchable game for me this year. Had a ball and was convinced at half-time that MC would bring us down to earth with 3 goals in the second half. Our extra goal put paid to that.

We have two of the best new foreign players we've had for ages. Despite his lack of apparent effort, Maccarone is the one threatening and creating opportunities for others. Holman is much more of a liability. He needs to be pulled off quicker to let Skapetis do more work earlier on in the second half. Both Eric and FBK are tenacious and unrelenting, although FBK is not as fast or fit.

We are well in with a chance against Shitney next week.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205161
  • Total Topics: 8034
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online