Author Topic: Sydney FC vs Brisbane Roar - 25/11/17 - HAL Rnd 8 - Allianz Stadium  (Read 1623 times)

Chico Raul

Re: Sydney FC vs Brisbane Roar - 25/11/17 - HAL Rnd 8 - Allianz Stadium
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
I agree that the Aloisi's are on borrowed time now, because ultimately, the coach is the fall guy, but my view of the Sydney game is  that it was not JA's fault
Goal 1. We have an inexperienced centre back who has his shirt tugged by Matt Simon and as a result the ball gets through for Carney. VAR looked at it, and for reasons only known only to the VAR, did not see anything wrong. It was a foul on Pepper by Simon. Typical Graham Arnold grubby play.
Goal 2. The commentators said hand ball. The ball struck Pepper on the chest and he had his hands up. The trajectory of the ball did not change and I saw no hand to ball contact. Conclusion is therefore that the pen was for a foul by Pepper on Carney who fell to the ground. Which explains why Pepper's hands were up in the no foul position. The VAR looked at it and I suppose they decided that Carney did not back into Pepper and that the ref had not made an obvious error. It was a really soft pen. It could have easily been a free kick to Pepper for Carney backing into him or a yellow card to Carney for a dive. Lots of alternatives. They chose the pen. It was a lottery.

Despite all of that, the game was salvageable were it not for two things:

1) The extremely poor final balls by our visa and marquee players, which is why Bosnich says the guys need to lift their game. Totally agree with Bozza for once. And looking at the bench, there were not too many attacking options to come on and mix it up a bit. Gameiro not ready. Skapetis injured. Holman eventually managing a decent cut back in the extra time. 87 minutes to get a decent cross in to Maccarone for goodness sake.
2) The Papa incident. Totally unforgiveable. And the resultant disorganization resulted in goal 3.

So yes, Aloisi is on life support, even here in Brisbane where the care factor for football is almost negligible, but he has every right to expect better quality in terms of choices and final balls from senior players.

So yes, we lost  3-1 away, against the reigning champions, having come off an unbeaten run of four games, but the players have to take responsibility.
It won't get any better against WSW, but you can blame Papa for that.

Paolo

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »
Hi, I don't believe Aloisi is on borrowed time.... firstly the owners haven't come out as yet giving JA their fullest support.

Then we still haven't had a proper team on the field, JA got the players he could with the budget provided by the owners.
 In the big picture the pieces of the castle are starting to be put together, academy, training base etc.

I think JA will be assessed at the end of the year, and don't forget there will be a massive cleanout of out of contract players at the end of the year.... maybe this year is preparation for next..

gooseman22

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 06:36:22 AM »
Underperforming players = underperforming coach.
Every one of our players have shown glimpses of being able to step up and perform at the level required, but have been allowed to languish in a mire of mediocrity.
There is clearly confusion and anarchy on ther field...There is no baseline plan to our game, which means when things go south, there is nothing to fall back on....players don?t know what they are supposed to be doing, so they play for themselves, which leads to doubling up in positions and leaving gaping holes.
Blaming the age or inexperience of the players only holds so far...all these players are so much better than this, and it?s down to the Coach/manager to draw the best from them...which he is not doing.

mellod

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:52 AM »
A coach is there to locate and sign good players, put in place a winning game plan and inspire the players to perform at their best.

• Has Aloisi signed and located good players? Yes and no. There is no doubt there is talent in the squad, but the players are older, slower and at risk of injury.
  • Has Aloisi put in place a winning game plan? Who knows? I have no idea what we have been trying to do. I don't think the players do either.
  • Has Aloisi inspired the players? Doubtful. The players don't really look like they care.

He took a big risk this season, opting for experience over youth. We have a number of older players who are either out with injury or not fully fit due to being out with injury during the pre-season. I don't buy the line about Aloisi doing what he could with the budget given. There is a minimum cap spend and we have two marquees. Other teams have brought in a lot more talent with a similar amount of money.

The coach is responsible for getting the best out of his players. If he can't do that, why is he there? The season is a write off, so if these "senior" players are not performing, hook them and bring in some youth. Show them there are consequences if they don't perform. Don't go to the bloody press conference and say we are playing some of our best football. That's what really annoys me.

coast

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »
A coach is there to locate and sign good players, put in place a winning game plan and inspire the players to perform at their best.

• Has Aloisi signed and located good players? Yes and no. There is no doubt there is talent in the squad, but the players are older, slower and at risk of injury.
  • Has Aloisi put in place a winning game plan? Who knows? I have no idea what we have been trying to do. I don't think the players do either.
  • Has Aloisi inspired the players? Doubtful. The players don't really look like they care.

He took a big risk this season, opting for experience over youth. We have a number of older players who are either out with injury or not fully fit due to being out with injury during the pre-season. I don't buy the line about Aloisi doing what he could with the budget given. There is a minimum cap spend and we have two marquees. Other teams have brought in a lot more talent with a similar amount of money.

The coach is responsible for getting the best out of his players. If he can't do that, why is he there? The season is a write off, so if these "senior" players are not performing, hook them and bring in some youth. Show them there are consequences if they don't perform. Don't go to the bloody press conference and say we are playing some of our best football. That's what really annoys me.

Yeah, his presser annoyed the hell out of me too.

coast

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 08:54:24 AM »
Underperforming players = underperforming coach.
Every one of our players have shown glimpses of being able to step up and perform at the level required, but have been allowed to languish in a mire of mediocrity.
There is clearly confusion and anarchy on ther field...There is no baseline plan to our game, which means when things go south, there is nothing to fall back on....players don?t know what they are supposed to be doing, so they play for themselves, which leads to doubling up in positions and leaving gaping holes.
Blaming the age or inexperience of the players only holds so far...all these players are so much better than this, and it?s down to the Coach/manager to draw the best from them...which he is not doing.

This, 100%.

scribbo

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 10:45:42 AM »
Brisbane are the worst team in the comp.  Aloisi is a dog's breakfast of a coach.  We might as well call ourselves Brisbane Heart now.

This is his team, playing the way he coaches.  Another in a long list of ex star players who don't have what it takes to coach.   Nothing will improve until he is shown the door. I don't feel sorry for him. He'll go back to television punditry and be just fine.  Our club, however, will take much, much longer to recover. 

I have given up on our season, and am now simply hoping that Aloisi goes as soon as possible.

Ironic that he got the job with Postecoglou's seal of approval.  I once worked for acompany where the outgoing owners did something similar with their successor - made sure a complete incompetent was appointed CEO because they were busily setting up in opposition. Worked a treat - the company was in liquidation within 12 months. 

Maybe Ange was settling some scores with the Brisbane management.

I would do a straight swap JA for Paul Okon, I think he is one ex player who has what it takes to be a good coach, has that bit of mongrel about him.

Da Weana

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »
Don't go to the bloody press conference and say we are playing some of our best football. That's what really annoys me.- Quote
Where can I find the press conference? Cheers

mellod

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »
Don't go to the bloody press conference and say we are playing some of our best football. That's what really annoys me.- Quote
Where can I find the press conference? Cheers

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/aloisi-full-press-conference-0

Da Weana

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »
Thanks mellod, I was surprised that I couldn't find it on the Fox Sports website

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2046
  • Latest: 4Roar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205387
  • Total Topics: 8048
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1