Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs WSW/BR WL vs MV WL - 5/1/18 - HAL Rnd 14 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 1280 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Friday, January 5th 2018
Kickoff 4:20pm (QLD), 5:20pm (Other Eastern States)
Coverage on FS 501HD from 4:00pm QLD (Pre Game) & SBS Viceland from 4:20pm
  &

Streams
N/A

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

FOR TICKETS, SEE MAIN GAME BELOW. TICKETS FOR THE MAIN GAME GET FREE ENTRY TO THIS ONE

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Friday, January 5th 2018
Kickoff 6:50pm (QLD), 7:50pm (Other Eastern States)
Coverage on FS 501HD from 4:00pm QLD (Pre game for W-League)

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Platinum
Adult  -  $45.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $40.00
Junior (4 - 15 years old)  -  $16.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $105.00

Silver
Adult  -  $36.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $31.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $87.00

Orange
Adult  -  $28.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $25.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $69.00

Family End General Admission (Licensed)
Adult  -  $28.00

Family End Reserved (Licensed)
Adult  -  $25.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $22.00

Family End Reserved (Unlicensed - NO ALCOHOL)
Adult  -  $28.00

FOR DEN (MEMBERSHIP) TICKETS, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
Click on "Get Tickets" and select "The Den" from the drop down menu

The Den
Adult  -  $28.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $16.00

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:26:55 PM by Roary »
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Wanderers look like they're starting to put things together after a horror run.

At home I expect us to dominate and force the game. Who will we replace Matty with in midfield? I don't feel Oxborrow would suit as he's more of a DM and we've already got Kristensen in that role.

I suppose the clincher will be who is fit to play?

Young

Hingert          DeVere         Pepper          Brown

Kristensen

Ben Khalfallah      Leck/Akbari?

Skapetis                                       Gameiro/Akbari? 

Maccarone

Bench: White (GK), Leck/Akbari/Gameiro?, O'Toole, Oxborrow
Question Mark around fitness: D'Agostino, Caletti, Franjic?
Leave out: Dane Ingham, Adam Sawyer
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

jamboree

The other question will be: who to play against Sydney ??
Do you put your best XI against WSW or SFC?
He is only has 3 subs......
TK will struggle to play 180+ minutes with a short turnaround so will:
Skapetis, Devere, Oxborrow, FBK, Akbari, .....

CB - Bowles could play some minutes if fit again

Brown vs WSW, O'Toole vs Sydney
Hingert vs WSW, D Ingham vs Sydney
(D Ingham should be getting more game time as RW)

Mids - is Adam Sawyer a CM ? Hingert to CB pushing Pepper forward and removing TK

LW - Akbari ?both games +/- FBK
RW - Skapetis starts in both, Gameiro finishes one and leck the other

FBK last 180 ?

Finsta

MATCH DETAILS

Hyundai A-League Round 14: Brisbane Roar v Western Sydney Wanderers
Suncorp Stadium
Friday, 5 January

BRISBANE ROAR SQUAD

Goalkeepers: 21.Jamie YOUNG, 31.Brendan WHITE

Defenders: 2.Dane INGHAM, 3.Luke DEVERE, 4.Daniel BOWLES, 5.Corey BROWN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 19.Jack HINGERT, 24.Connor O'TOOLE

Midfielders: 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 16.Mitchell OXBORROW, 27.Adam SAWYER

Attackers: 9.Massimo MACCARONE, 11.Corey GAMEIRO, 25.Rahmat AKBARI, 33.Petros SKAPETIS, 36.Daniel LECK

Ins: 2.Dane INGHAM (promoted), 4.Daniel BOWLES (promoted), 27.Adam SAWYER (promoted)

Outs: 17.Matt MCKAY (suspended ? 2 matches)

Unavailable: 1.Michael THEO (gk) (finger ? 2 weeks), 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS (suspended ? 2 matches), 10.Brett HOLMAN (calf ? 1 week), 13.Jade NORTH (groin ? TBC), 18.Joe CALETTI (foot ? 10 weeks), 22.Eric BAUTHEAC (hamstring ? 1 week), 26.Nick D?AGOSTINO (ankle ? 2 weeks), 77.Ivan FRANJIC (quad ? 1 ? 2 weeks)

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/briwswteams

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Finsta

Top Brisbane Roar goalscorers vs Wanderers:
9. Jamie Maclaren
3. Besart Berisha
2. Brandon Borrello, Dimitri Petratos, Henrique, Ivan Franjic

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

David Dodd

Once again, the wleague side stepped up. When the f**k is John going to get the hook. Shit house football again.

B2B

What a joke this club has turned too. To think where we were 2-3 years ago..

Septic Bladder

I thank the Gods of Football for the Foxtel Record and fast forward functions.

Tr0jan

I thank the Gods of Football for the Foxtel Record and fast forward functions.

I envy your foresight. I sat through the entirety of the match.

I did go and take a shit during the second half and didn't bother pausing. My bowel movement was a highlight of the match.

Chico Raul

With TK on the field, Roar are a much better side and some of the football played during the first half was the best I had seen from the Roar.
It is very obvious that we have a problem in midfield without TK there. Once he was off it really was a classic case of only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes back. And who knows when that may be.
Roar failed to get a lead when they were on top, and once TK was gone it was game over.
It was probably the most controversial game I have seen in a long while from a refereeing point of view. and with the VAR there have been some doozies this season.
Whilst most of the talk was about yet another linesman cock up with the absolutely unforgivable call against Gameiro, there was so much else. On that bad call though, never mind waiting for the VAR. These are atrociously bad calls week in week out, indicating we have a real problem with adjudication.
But for mine, what was also unforgivable was the 27 fouls, (yes check the stats...............27  cynical fouls I had to watch by WSW for the tally of 2 yellows). Cynical anti football. Under a coach associated in the past with our national team, that was a disgrace. No wonder Maccarone lost his cool. No wonder. Referees need  to control games, and it is unbelievable that at this level, 27 fouls by one team can go on without a flurry of yellow cards. The ref did not control the game, and in the end, it it killed the game as a spectacle.
Yes. Gombau has a very good case for a send off for Santa's fat lip. But pull your head in you goon! You have no cause to complain over all.
There is a good case for a send off for the arm across the face on O'Toole.
As for pens. There looked like a foul on Pepper (not 100% sure) before the fat lip incident, so yes maybe a red card against Macca, but a free kick to Roar.
Roar had a penalty shout for hand ball. I need to see it again. Not sure.
Good skills by FBK and Maccarone, with Gameiro getting more involved than in the past. But Jamie Young again the Brisbane stand out. The fact that their goal keeper also was very good did not help Roar's cause, but at the end of the day it was lack of quality by Roar.
WSW are a grubby team, with grubs like Santa, who play anti football, but in front of goal, had absolutely no problem in opening Roar up. We have real problems.
Once again a goal conceded at around the time we have to sub. Related?
Silver lining. More minutes for Leck and Gameiro. And off course Jamie Young. The only time we leapt to our feet was to applaud him.
But what started out as a reasonable effort first half, ended up basically as the end of the A-League season for us. With a back up v the Sydney machine on Monday, its season over. And the battle to avoid the spoon beckons.
Anti Football won the day again. Very sad. Maybe time to follow the Big Bash.   

jamboree

Totally agree with Chico regarding anti-football and fouls. How did Herd stay on the field ?? Clisby....
Pepper as CM is a disaster.
Hingert should be replaced by D'Agostino

Our corners/crossing was atrocious...short corners aaaghhhhh ...whip it in for a chance.

Murk

Boxing and chess allow a game to end when the loser decides to give up.
Surely this should be introduced in football, even if only in Australia.
Yesterday the last 10 minutes was a complete waste for players and fans. We had no hope of drawing and had to suffer pointless, in every sense , play.

spongebob

Monday is going to be painful.  I am seriously considering giving  it a miss

coast

Aloisi is reaping exactly what he sowed with his incompetent recruitment.  Trouble is, the self inflicted problems (ie, old players = injured or 45 minute players) are working as a smokescreen for the more systemic issues with his coaching. I'm sure JA is a nice bloke, and he's a good tv pundit.  But how much rope does he have to be given before everyone realises, once and for all, that he's not a coach?

Aloisi should have already been shown the door.  As it stands, it seems that either the owners can't see through the smoke or they don't want to pay out the coaching staff contracts (and Moore would have to go with him), and my money is on Kenny Lowe to be first to go.  i have a horrible feeling that JA is going to be here again next season, which would put the club on life support.

coast

Thing is, so many of us, way back in pre season, predicted that BR would be exactly where the team is now.  Heck, it gives me no please to be proven right on every gloomy count, but if could call it, how could JA and Moore not see the mess they were creating?

Chico Raul

Thing is, so many of us, way back in pre season, predicted that BR would be exactly where the team is now.  Heck, it gives me no please to be proven right on every gloomy count, but if could call it, how could JA and Moore not see the mess they were creating?
The cone  of silence is very frustrating.
The club is happy to take my money and I assume happy to have my bum on a seat wearing an orange shirt and happy for me to bring others along (I normally bring upwards of 1 member along : on Friday I brought 4 non members along), but I am seemingly not worthy of any information.
Like:
- What happened with the fitness regime at Roar, who is running it, and how did we end up with such an unfit team? Apparently the doctors are engaged to report but what happened inside the club will stay inside. Why have gone from being leading edge under Ange to the most unfit club by a country mile?
- Who actually does the recruitment?. We were told somewhere back when,  that Craig Moore was going to Brazil for a striker. Then the West Indies after someone who was not interested. We got Maccarone who fell into our laps via Vince Grella. (Incidentally, he has been surprising good  but we were not exactly kept up to date along the way).  Who actually is responsible?
-Why did we move training base  from  Griffith (where I don't recall the  problems that we have at Ballymore)? Sure I know ultimately we go to Logan, but why did we end up on fields that are causing injuries? Who is responsible?
-What is the current state of play regarding injures to Tin Tin, North, Holman,  Franjic and Theo?  Happy that Jamie is playing btw but would be nice to know what is happening? And are we after injury replacements because we sure as hell need back up? Who looks after this?
-Who dropped the ball with Tin Tin's visa?
-What exactly is the club's playing philosophy these days? We hear about the never give up attitude (which really goes back to Ange having the fittest squad and playing his style no matter what). We no longer run over teams now. That has gone. All we hear about is our structures which seem to mean a 4 2 3 1 formation.; JA analyses the opposition; sets up based on the analysis; hopes it goes well and prays that the opposition team does not change its approach at half time. Under Ange it was more play our style ; an attacking possession based style football; not focus on the opposition and trust that Thomas will get us out of a situation through his brilliance. Which he did many times.
-Are we meant to be rebuilding or what?  With the youngsters we have being the core of the team next season. If so we need to make sure we keep them.

I can get behind a club even when we keep losing because that is what you do, but is is frustrating when the club does not communicate with its member base; does not treat us like adults, maintains cones of silence, and  does not bring us along on a journey. We are just expected to pay up,  turn up and hope for the best. And not complain.
I don't think JA is that bad coach that everyone else says, but where I mark mark him down for is his communication with the fan base. Basically, it consists of the annual interview with the fans over a beer, five minutes a week post game, a few staged interviews here and there, with the media regurgitating his words but not really asking any real questions.

coast

The club is happy to take my money and I assume happy to have my bum on a seat wearing an orange shirt and happy for me to bring others along (I normally bring upwards of 1 member along : on Friday I brought 4 non members along), but I am seemingly not worthy of any information.
Like:
- What happened with the fitness regime at Roar, who is running it, and how did we end up with such an unfit team? Apparently the doctors are engaged to report but what happened inside the club will stay inside. Why have gone from being leading edge under Ange to the most unfit club by a country mile?
- Who actually does the recruitment?. We were told somewhere back when,  that Craig Moore was going to Brazil for a striker. Then the West Indies after someone who was not interested. We got Maccarone who fell into our laps via Vince Grella. (Incidentally, he has been surprising good  but we were not exactly kept up to date along the way).  Who actually is responsible?
-Why did we move training base  from  Griffith (where I don't recall the  problems that we have at Ballymore)? Sure I know ultimately we go to Logan, but why did we end up on fields that are causing injuries? Who is responsible?
-What is the current state of play regarding injures to Tin Tin, North, Holman,  Franjic and Theo?  Happy that Jamie is playing btw but would be nice to know what is happening? And are we after injury replacements because we sure as hell need back up? Who looks after this?
-What exactly is the club's playing philosophy these days? We hear about the never give up attitude (which really goes back to Ange having the fittest squad and playing his style no matter what). We no longer run over teams now. That has gone. All we hear about is our structures which seem to mean a 4 2 3 1 formation.; JA analyses the opposition; sets up based on the analysis; hopes it goes well and prays that the opposition team does not change its approach at half time. Under Ange it was more play our style ; an attacking possession based style football; not focus on the opposition and trust that Thomas will get us out of a situation through his brilliance. Which he did many times.
-Are we meant to be rebuilding or what?  With the youngsters we have being the core of the team next season. If so we need to make sure we keep them.

I can get behind a club even when we keep losing because that is what you do, but is is frustrating when the club does not communicate with its member base; does not treat us like adults, maintains cones of silence, and  does not bring us along on a journey. We are just expected to pay up,  turn up and hope for the best. And not complain.
I don't think JA is that bad coach that everyone else says, but where I mark mark him down for is his communication with the fan base. Basically, it consists of the annual interview with the fans over a beer, five minutes a week post game, a few staged interviews here and there, with the media regurgitating his words but not really asking any real questions.

Sorry CR, for me JA is a picture of incompetence.  And I'm not coming back to Suncorp while he is coaching Brisbane.  I have no other means of protest.

Tr0jan

With there being no punishment (relegation, nor monetary as the FFA steal finals monies) for finishing outside of the finals.

Then surely the idea of building a squad that will compete "down the track" must be considered. You would run the risk of overseas clubs cannibalising the youth but if the system was in place then surely any negative effects would be negated.

I came to football late and as such I could be talking out my arse.

Is this feasible and if it is why hasn't anyone attempted it?

Or have they?

Chico Raul

Like:

Sorry CR, for me JA is a picture of incompetence.  And I'm not coming back to Suncorp while he is coaching Brisbane.  I have no other means of protest.
Understandable. And I suspect that are many others feeling like you.
Which is why I am saying communication and explanations to the fan base are important and cones of silence not helpful.

scribbo

Time to give Dane Ingham a run, we have nothing to lose by giving more young guys some valuable experience. Not just signalling out one guy but Hingert has been very average for some time now and maybe time he moved on to try and revitalise his game with another club.

Will be interesting to see the clean out of players at the end of the season.

I wonder how long it will take for Broich to get all his coaching certificates? 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:06:54 AM by scribbo »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205853
  • Total Topics: 8080
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 39