Author Topic: Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC - 8/1/18 - HAL Rnd 15 - Suncorp Stadium  (Read 1107 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Monday, January 8th 2018
Kickoff 6:50pm (QLD), 7:50pm (Other Eastern States)
Coverage on FS 501HD from 6:00pm QLD (Pre game)

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Platinum
Adult  -  $45.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $40.00
Junior (4 - 15 years old)  -  $16.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $105.00

Silver
Adult  -  $36.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $31.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $87.00

Orange
Adult  -  $28.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $25.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $69.00

Family End General Admission (Licensed)
Adult  -  $28.00

Family End Reserved (Licensed)
Adult  -  $25.00
Concession (FT Students, Pensioners)  -  $22.00

Family End Reserved (Unlicensed - NO ALCOHOL)
Adult  -  $28.00

FOR DEN (MEMBERSHIP) TICKETS, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
Click on "Get Tickets" and select "The Den" from the drop down menu

The Den
Adult  -  $28.00
Family (2A+2J/1A+3J) (Admits 4)  -  $16.00

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

denzele

Re: Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC - 8/1/18 - HAL Rnd 15 - Suncorp Stadium
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 09:26:05 AM »
Some good news after all . TK set to play and Eric the French might appear as substitute. Then again can't see us winning this one .

This schedule of 3 games in 7 days is crazy . How did this get approved ? Insane .
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:39:43 AM by denzele »

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
TALE OF THE TAPE:

A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Finsta

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:05:07 PM »
On paper and form we should get absolutely pantsed tonight. A draw would be a miracle.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

dobo

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »
damn that's an impressive home record against sydney. 3-1 our biggest ever loss.

i dont see any way that we dont get absolutely pantsed in this game, 3 days after a game, with all our injuries, no captain or VC to lead us, Sydney 8 points clear at the top with the roar 2nd bottom. I'd be surprised if we score or keep them under 4 goals.

i think it will be the same line up as last game with brown in for O'toole

coast

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »
Parallel universe time:

Aloisi post match presser:  "the score flattered (Sydney)".

FFS, really????

mongie

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »
Here I will explain all of the problems with Brisbane in my opinion. Hopefully this will make me feel better.

1. Fittness - we looked super unfit compared to Sydney. We don?t pressure the opposition because Maccarone is too slow/unfit/lazy and the others are just unfit.
2. Confidence - our players look like they?re low on confidence... which I guess is understandable.
3. Quality - simply put, it was men against boys. Pepper, Bowles, Ingham, Oxborrow, Leck - these guys are either squaddies or too inexperienced to make a real difference, yet they all played (and apart from Oxborrow started). We?re basically the equivelant of CCM under Walmsley, and look how well they did.
4. Injuries - most of our best players are out. In my opinion Papa and Caletti are the two biggest losses. Holman, McKay and North are also big outs, but I think they?ve probably struggled a bit in their recent games.
5. Pace - we have no genuine pace... it really shows.

Coaching is obviously not perfect, but not sure if changing coach would help at this point.

mongie

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 10:09:52 PM »
Seriously need to sign a decent midfielder who is between 20 and 28. McKay too old, TK and Caletti too injured, Oxborrow and Pepper too ?not good?.

Chico Raul

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 06:10:12 AM »
Here I will explain all of the problems with Brisbane in my opinion. Hopefully this will make me feel better.

1. Fittness - we looked super unfit compared to Sydney. We don?t pressure the opposition because Maccarone is too slow/unfit/lazy and the others are just unfit.
2. Confidence - our players look like they?re low on confidence... which I guess is understandable.
3. Quality - simply put, it was men against boys. Pepper, Bowles, Ingham, Oxborrow, Leck - these guys are either squaddies or too inexperienced to make a real difference, yet they all played (and apart from Oxborrow started). We?re basically the equivelant of CCM under Walmsley, and look how well they did.
4. Injuries - most of our best players are out. In my opinion Papa and Caletti are the two biggest losses. Holman, McKay and North are also big outs, but I think they?ve probably struggled a bit in their recent games.
5. Pace - we have no genuine pace... it really shows.

Coaching is obviously not perfect, but not sure if changing coach would help at this point.
I agree with Mongie. That is how it looked from my seat without the drone of the one-eyed TV commentators in my ear had I watched at home.
I would also add that a two day turn around and a game on a Monday night negating home team advantage too a large extent was not helpful. The Den were great, but I could hear the handful of Syndey fans down the other end. Thanks FFA. You have done it again.
Having conceded the early goal last week, I can't understand how the two centre backs let Bobo get to the ball first. Bowles was poor all night.
In terms of quality, TK, Maccarone, FBK, and Tin Tin all showed great class on the ball, and every bit as good as Sydney if not better.
But Sydney are a machine and that comes from playing week in week out without too much of a change. Yet again we had to change an already changed side during the warm ups. What that means is that in a salary capped side, their weaker players look reasonable due to doing the same stuff week in week out. Most importantly, without the hesitation that we showed.
With TK on and fit we are a better side. Once he went again, and in the  minutes before he went, it was really game over.
Referee was better than against WSW getting onto the the Sydney fouls early.
I did not get a good view of Leck's performance to say whether worthy of MOTM.
Was it a pen for Maccarone? Couldn't tell.

jamboree

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »
Eric B had a big impact when he came on. Ran at defenders, stretched the team..created space.
There seems to big a huge space between front 4 and back 6. Need a fit CM to link.
Should pepper be the backup CB ?
Luke Devere is too slow. Would Pepper and Papa be our best pairing ?

dobo

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
Seriously need to sign a decent midfielder who is between 20 and 28. McKay too old, TK and Caletti too injured, Oxborrow and Pepper too ?not good?.

we havent had our first choice midfield at all this season which is a huge disadvantage. I think a fully match fit TK-Mckay-Holeman would actually be one of the better midfield in the comp, with holeman the weakest link. we have looked miles better with TK running the midfield an he allows Mckay to do what he does best getting box to box. the problem is that without TK the midfield falls apart, Oxborrow, pepper, callettie, FBK, macarone, daggers can all do a serviceable job replacing holeman and Mckay but none are capable of replacing TK.

oh what this season could have been if were capable of fielding our best 11-14 week in week out instead of 6-23.

Finsta

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 09:41:07 AM »

we havent had our first choice midfield at all this season which is a huge disadvantage. I think a fully match fit TK-Mckay-Holeman would actually be one of the better midfield in the comp, with holeman the weakest link. we have looked miles better with TK running the midfield an he allows Mckay to do what he does best getting box to box. the problem is that without TK the midfield falls apart, Oxborrow, pepper, callettie, FBK, macarone, daggers can all do a serviceable job replacing holeman and Mckay but none are capable of replacing TK.

oh what this season could have been if were capable of fielding our best 11-14 week in week out instead of 6-23.
Truth be told it's not even our 6-23 with the likes of Leck, Akbari, Sawyer getting game time as well. The amount of changes in personnel on the pitch from week to week is what has killed us.

I think JA is a decent manager but as I've said previously, it feels like he went into this season thinking that the experienced guys would lead the charge, make plays on the pitch and be responsibility for moving the team in a positive direction. That is instead of drilling the squad to the N'th degree in relation to how the team should play (tactics etc)..

Bottom Line: For mine JA's managing style relies on individuals doing great things rather than creating a super well drilled squad where everyone is just a cog in the system. In the previous 2 seasons at Brisbane he had the likes of Broich, Maclaran, Borrello, TK(fit), Corona to rely on but this season it's all gone to shit because of injuries. JA's chopping and changing formations and it's put us in a deeper hole because no one understands what's required.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

dobo

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
Spot on Fin. JA definitely encourages "individual brilliance". When the squad is right and playing well those types of teams can be impossible to beat but as we have seen when things are not right they become easy beats. On the other hand a completely drilled team can suffer when oppositions figure the system out, as happened when Rado and Thyson took over the roar.

mellod

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
I think if we want to be the best, you need both.

The current Sydney FC team is super fit, well drilled and has 4 or 5 individuals capable of turning a game around with moments of pure skill/class.

If JA wants to focus on individual brilliance, I think he needs to be a whole lot better at recruiting brilliant individuals.

Eric is probably the only player in the current squad that would make it into the Sydney FC team and that is very telling.

Harry H

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »
Was at the game,,, and i actually agree with JA that the score flattered Syd... Mierzejweski was the difference. He had time on the ball and created. We had our clear cut chances but not clinical enough. Syd were.
Break sydney's confidence and the shit will flow. Syd get a lot go their way,, the aleague draw,, the ref,,, the media.... Before they scored the third they were feeling some pressure... Eric was a good outlet when he came on. Eric plays better without FBK... John would be better without Ross.

Chico Raul

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
Was at the game,,, and i actually agree with JA that the score flattered Syd... Mierzejweski was the difference. He had time on the ball and created. We had our clear cut chances but not clinical enough. Syd were.
Break sydney's confidence and the shit will flow. Syd get a lot go their way,, the aleague draw,, the ref,,, the media.... Before they scored the third they were feeling some pressure... Eric was a good outlet when he came on. Eric plays better without FBK... John would be better without Ross.
I really hope Arnold does not get the Socceroo gig. He is arrogant....should of won by 10 ...pig's arse!
Same old Arnold. Two nil up. Brisbane still in the game. Time to bring on the grub. (aka Matt Simon). Within seconds the elbow incident. Should have been a red rather than a yellow.
Arnold is not fit to take over from Ange.

coast

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 12:39:09 PM »

My view was tv, and thought JA's comments were away with the fairies.

I always had the feeling that Sydney had another two gears if they needed them.  They were playing well within their comfort zone. 

coast

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »
I really hope Arnold does not get the Socceroo gig. He is arrogant....should of won by 10 ...pig's arse!
Same old Arnold. Two nil up. Brisbane still in the game. Time to bring on the grub. (aka Matt Simon). Within seconds the elbow incident. Should have been a red rather than a yellow.
Arnold is not fit to take over from Ange.

This thing with Simon is so weird. He's a striker who as scored 2 goals in 2 seasons. 

Finsta

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:06 PM »

My view was tv, and thought JA's comments were away with the fairies.

I always had the feeling that Sydney had another two gears if they needed them.  They were playing well within their comfort zone. 

Yeah I agree with this. Sydney did seem to just go through the motions.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205853
  • Total Topics: 8080
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 141