Author Topic: Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar - 12/1/18 - HAL Rnd 16 - McDonald Jones Stadium  (Read 1325 times)

Roary

• Year of Brisbane Roar!
    • 3D Warehouse (3D Models)
Cooper's Stadium, Adelaide, Australia
Friday, 12th January 2018
Kickoff 7:50pm (NSW) , 6:50pm (QLD)
Coverage on FS1HD from 6:00pm QLD (Matchday Saturday Pre Game)

Streams
Will appear on matchday

>> Match Centre <<

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
(Remember, we're the away team!)

For other prices and sections, check the link in the seating map
(Prices don't include processing fees)

Away Team:
Adult  -  $30.55
Concession (ID Required)  -  $21.38
Junior (4-16yr)  -  $12.20
Family- (Price Per Ticket - Multiples of 4)  -  $17.83

>> Click on image to buy tickets <<
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
King of them All!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Orange Emperoar

BRISBANE ROAR SQUAD
Goalkeepers: 21.Jamie YOUNG, 31.Brendan WHITE
Defenders: 2.Dane INGHAM, 3.Luke DEVERE, 5.Corey BROWN, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 19.Jack HINGERT, 24.Connor O'TOOLE
Midfielders: 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 27.Adam SAWYER
Attackers: 9.Massimo MACCARONE, 20.Shannon BRADY, 22.Eric BAUTHEAC, 36.Daniel LECK, 77.Ivan FRANJIC

Young
Hingert   Papa   Pepper   Brown
                    TK
   Franjic                   Bautheac
         FBK         Maccarone
              Brady

Bench: White, McKay, Ingham, O'Toole

Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

denzele

Skapetis and Bowles dropped . Interesting . Decent team on paper you would think . One game that could change a lot of things .

jamboree

Young
Hingert    Papa    Devere    O'Toole
              Tk               Mckay

Franjic /Brady         FBK         Bautheac
                            MM

Leck, Pepper, Brady, Ingham

I'd prefer to see Pepper over Devere given Newcastle's pace. Someone needs to cramp Dimi for space.
Sawyer is a CDM ? He player RW as a sub against victory last time.

dobo

I dont think brady will get a start after so long out with injury (but from his previous appearances i wouldn't have him in the squad at all, he was rubbish last season) I wouldnt have thought that franjic would have been rushed in either.

------------------- Young------------------
hingert-----Devere-----Papa------O'toole
--------------TK-----------Mckay----------
Leck----------------FBK-------------- Eric
--------------------MM--------------------

Franjic, Pepper, Sawyer, Brown

coast

Either way, that doesn't look like a team that can beat the Jets right now.

3-1 to the Jets is my pick.

The only element of interest for me this season now is how long Aloisi can keep on losing before the Bakries finally take action.

As for Craig Moore announcing that players are playing for their careers, he should be looking at his own career first.  He and Aloisi built this dog's breakfast of a squad.

I'm renaming Aloisi "The Dentist", because watching his teams is like getting a filling done.

John "The Dentist" Aloisi.  Has a certain ring to it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:30:15 AM by coast »

I'm renaming Aloisi "The Dentist", because watching his teams is like getting a filling done.

You're a rabid anti-dentite!
Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs... "Hey, denty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.
The female kangaroo has a pouch. The male kangaroo doesn't. So the male kangaroo has pouch envy. "Why don't i get a pouch? I've got things to carry too. At least give me a pocket".

The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles.

medley

You're a rabid anti-dentite!
Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs... "Hey, denty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

I'm with Coast on this. There's a lot of "decay" in the club!

dobo

i dont know, CCM were unlucky to lose to the jets, If they took their chances it would have been a different game, jets needed the red card to help them out. I think that line up is stronger than what CCM put out. Jets also have a shorter turn around. hopefully TK and Eric will be able to last the full 90 or at least put in a goo 70-80 mins.

our AM is still the weakest point. Eric will hopefully provide a bit of creativity, Leck did ok last week but was by no means a stand out, FBK needs to be greatly improved. people have been saying that he has been a stand out recently but i think he has been very poor. turns the ball over too often, tries to run with the ball far to much instead of passing and is very lazy in defence. he was rightly getting slammed by harps in the Adl game before he did 2 things right (passed the ball early to MM, and put in some defensive effort). apart from those 2 moments he has been poor.

mellod

i dont know, CCM were unlucky to lose to the jets, If they took their chances it would have been a different game, jets needed the red card to help them out. I think that line up is stronger than what CCM put out. Jets also have a shorter turn around. hopefully TK and Eric will be able to last the full 90 or at least put in a goo 70-80 mins.

our AM is still the weakest point. Eric will hopefully provide a bit of creativity, Leck did ok last week but was by no means a stand out, FBK needs to be greatly improved. people have been saying that he has been a stand out recently but i think he has been very poor. turns the ball over too often, tries to run with the ball far to much instead of passing and is very lazy in defence. he was rightly getting slammed by harps in the Adl game before he did 2 things right (passed the ball early to MM, and put in some defensive effort). apart from those 2 moments he has been poor.

I agree with the line up you have suggested dobo.

Regarding your point on FBK, I think people are getting confused between playing well and putting in effort. He certainly looks like he is putting in more effort than most as he is willing to run around up front. This shouldn't be confused with him actually doing well, making things happen etc as effort =/= result.

coast

Completely agree on FBK.  He's 35.  He's played too long.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
TALE OF THE TAPE:

Quite crazy how the away team seems to be the dominant force in this fixture.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

denzele

No team play just individuals playing for their contract . Exactly what Moore ask them to do .

Absolutely agree with HT report with Kosmina . Sack Alosi gang now and get him now .
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:56:40 PM by denzele »

coast

Kosmina was right post match - it's round 16.  Time for The Dentist's blame injuries rhetoric to stop.

Regardless of the score, I thought the difference between the sides was 3 goals.  The Jets goal that was pinged for offside wasn't, and Pepper should have been red carded.  That two footed tackle was an absolute disgrace. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:26:51 PM by coast »

Chico Raul

Truly our most awful performance to date and a score line that flatters us.
We created two or three decent chances but had we equalised it would have been a travesty.
All the criticism and negativity seems to be rattling the side. It was awful.

Septic Bladder

?We can still make the finals? said John Aloisi (aka The Back Night) post match.

jamboree

On a positive note...
O'Toole keeps impressing. Good left foot. Makes good decisions ---- who would you keep out of brown and O'toole (I d take O'toole)

Franjic brings quality crossing.

Papa needs a decent partner.....um not pepper

The performance wasn t great but an improvement on WSW. FBK kept giving the ball away.
We need to have a consistent attacking unit.
Gameiro at 9, Maccarone 10, Franjic and EB is my pick. Holman and leck as impact players.

BrynFC

?We can still make the finals? said John Aloisi (aka The Back Night) post match.

:o :o :o :o :o

He really needs to admit that the season is a loss, you can't spin crap like this..

just poor management in my eyes

Chico Raul

:o :o :o :o :o

He really needs to admit that the season is a loss, you can't spin crap like this..

just poor management in my eyes
With 12 games to go and ACL to come, what bone head plasters it all over the news to say basically season over, basically nothing else to play for. Playing for contracts.
Newcastle were relaxed, confident, and played as a team.
Roar were nervous,not confident, and played like a group of individuals (worried shitless about their jobs).
Lessons in how not to motivate people.
So what else should JA say at the presser? Personally I think he should have said that when we go back home, we are leaving Craig Moore behind. He is off the team.

denzele

As Kosmina said come out and say we're not playing well enough. Stop using injuries excuse for once .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:42:46 AM by denzele »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 205851
  • Total Topics: 8079
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 24