Author Topic: Craig Moore quits as Brisbane Roar's Football Director  (Read 1571 times)

mellod

Craig Moore quits as Brisbane Roar's Football Director
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:56:14 PM »
Brisbane Roar have confirmed Football Director Craig Moore has left the club.

The ex-Caltex Socceroos defender, who played at the 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cups, has been in his role since June 2015.

?Craig has been an important member of our football department and I?d like to take this opportunity to thank him for all his efforts and the support he has given our club,? Roar boss John Aloisi said.

While Roar have struggled in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Season, Moore helped oversee a period of success in the competition prior to that.

Roar finished third in each of the last two seasons, finishing one game short of the grand final in both campaigns.

?Craig is a passionate football person who has always had Brisbane Roar?s best interest at heart,? Managing Director David Pourre said.

?We wish Moorey the best of luck and every success in the future.?

Roar?s next Hyundai A-League game is on Thursday night when they host Perth Glory at Suncorp Stadium.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/craig-moore-departs-brisbane-roar-fc

coast

Re: Craig Moore quits as Brisbane Roar's Football Director
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »
So Moore took the fall for The Dentist.

BrisbaneDave

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »
So Moore took the fall for The Dentist.

Nailed it, don't worry with several more losses on the way the Aloisi bros will get the boot soon enough. When crowds continue to plummet and fans get even more angry the board will come under pressure and have no choice but to give them the bullet, Danny Tiattos "job" will be gone as well hopefully.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
I don't see it as taking a fall for JA.. Moore would have to carry some of the can for where we are at the moment so I think he realized that the club is looking to change and therefore resigned before getting the push.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

medley

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »
Two down! (Kingsman/Moore), three to go (Umbilical brothers & Tiatto) of the "boys club".
Then maybe I can start going to games again.
They sure have done some damage, but the news of Moore going gave me some hope!

scribbo

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Nice guy but I still have not forgotten the players he was going to sign on his Brazil trip in the off season but for some unknown reason (probably lack of funds) we got no-one.

Perhaps we could sign Henrique as a scout for next season, he still has passion for the Roar I think and I'm sure he would have a few decent contacts over there or he could give Corona a ring and have a chit chat about possible signings.

Got to live in hope that we get a few signings with some flare and can score goals.

coast

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »
Nice guy but I still have not forgotten the players he was going to sign on his Brazil trip in the off season but for some unknown reason (probably lack of funds) we got no-one.

Perhaps we could sign Henrique as a scout for next season, he still has passion for the Roar I think and I'm sure he would have a few decent contacts over there or he could give Corona a ring and have a chit chat about possible signings.

Got to live in hope that we get a few signings with some flare and can score goals.

Nice all expenses paid hol in Brasil, though.

jamboree

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
who would be your pick as director of football (or whatever the post is titled)?
Bring back vidosic ??
Thomas broich would have been an interesting choice (wouldn't do it though)

MonteCristo

• Two feet, studs up
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 05:33:02 PM »
Good riddance.

BrynFC

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
Two down! (Kingsman/Moore), three to go (Umbilical brothers & Tiatto) of the "boys club".

Thats it....

Three more to go ::)

I'll look at getting season passes again if we have new manager, until then i'll be keeping away, its the only way i can protest.

Chico Raul

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 06:21:37 AM »

Thats it....

Three more to go ::)

I'll look at getting season passes again if we have new manager, until then i'll be keeping away, its the only way i can protest.
It makes me wonder did he jump or was he pushed?
Or, has he just picked up his bat and ball and gone home.
Frustratingly whilst a dozen or so outlets are reporting, none add any extra detail as to what is going on. They just regurgitate rather than report.
What is behind this latest move in the revolving door saga behind the scenes?
I guess a fair few people are simply happy with this and waiting for dominoes to fall.
But it has left me wondering. It could be that he just saw writing on the wall and decided to move on. But it could also mean that Roar are getting serious about reviewing what has gone wrong and people are being held to account. Which takes me back to my question. If he was pushed, then who is pushing? Who holds the power at Roar?

mellod

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 07:38:16 AM »
I like to think that now Pourre is back, things are being seriously reviewed and action will be taken.

My guess is they have found Moore had dropped the ball seriously with his responsibilities, so was told he could leave or be fired.

The "No further comment" from Roar and the generic "Thanks for your contribution" lines sound very much like he was pushed.

mellod

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 08:03:36 AM »
According to this article from Marco, I am wrong: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-football-director-craig-moore-leaves-club-to-explore-new-opportunities/news-story/937a2a21a28269157dbf8416ee6dfa45

----

CRAIG Moore?s decision to quit Brisbane Roar was a year in the making.

The struggling A-League club on Tuesday announced that Socceroos legend Moore had resigned as football director.

It?s understood Moore?s resignation caught managing director David Pourre off guard, but coach John Aloisi ? who brought Brisbane?s former captain back to the club in June, 2015 - had a feeling it was coming.

Moore?s frustration with Roar owners, Indonesian conglomerate the Bakrie Group, was no secret.

While he didn?t make his gripes public, club sources said Moore felt his hands were tied in terms of his ability to do his job properly due to a lack of support from the Bakries.

It?s understood he first thought about quitting 12 months ago but stuck around hoping the Bakries would deliver on promises.

But further pre-season turmoil, which has contributed to the Roar?s poor season, wore him down.

Moore had also been criticised, also with Aloisi, for their recruitment, which including signing and re-signing a host of veterans in the past two years.

?There have been challenges for the length of the time that I was involved (as Roar football director),? Moore told The Courier-Mail.

?I?ve enjoyed those challenges and always tackled them head on but I?m now feeling for me to be able to kick on to the next level, I had to make a decision and that decision was to see what other opportunities are out there.?

Moore will stay on for another two months at the request of Aloisi, who now on top of coaching the team will have be the club?s main man at the contract table.

The Roar have 17 players coming off contract, so it?s a heavy load Aloisi must now carry on top of trying to lift Brisbane out of the doldrums.

?Craig has been an important member of our football department and I?d like to take this opportunity to thank him for all his efforts and the support he has given our club,? Aloisi said in an official club statement.

Aloisi is under contract for two more seasons after this one and has the total support of the Bakries, who have acknowledged the difficult situation the coach and his football department have battled in recent years.

Moore said it was a case of ?business as usual? in his remaining time at the club, with the immediate goal being for the Roar to snap a three-game losing streak when they host Perth Glory at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night.

?We got to work through it and get the club where they want to be,? Moore said

?We?re a football club and we?ve got to try to go out and win football matches.?

coast

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
"We've got to go out and win football matches," says Moore.

Really?  Well, how is that working out, boys?

denzele

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »
So he's not technically gone yet....another 2 months plenty of time for Bakrie to give him some love so he can change his mind .

Unless we get rid of all of them that includes our owners I can't see any way forward .

coast

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
I think it's pretty clear that the Bakries don't want to pay contracts out until they have to, so we're stuck with the lot of them.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206058
  • Total Topics: 8095
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12