Author Topic: Club statement following last night's result  (Read 1869 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Club statement following last night's result
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:32:31 AM »
Brisbane Roar FC is very disappointed to have been knocked out of the 2018 AFC Champions League competition on Tuesday night.

The club understands the result against Ceres-Negros FC was disappointing and the performance was unacceptable.

We have always worn our orange jersey with pride.

Last night, our club disappointed many people and embarrassed ourselves with the presentation of numbering on our orange jersey. This was of no fault of BRFC kit manufacturer Umbro and we are unreservedly apologetic.

BRFC would like to assure its members, supporters, partners and the local football community that we are fully committed to improving both on and off the field.

We have ten (10) remaining Hyundai A-League and two (2) Westfield W-League regular season matches which are of huge importance to everyone.

Every effort will be made to make sure season 2017/18 is a success, starting with Saturday?s away game in Gosford against Central Coast Mariners.

Following last night's result, Managing Director David Pourre said, "Brisbane Roar FC respects the right of individuals who support the club to express their dissatisfaction with the current situation. We must, and we will continue to strive for the high standards expected of our club."

BRFC will not be making any further comment at this time.

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/club-statement-following-last-nights-result
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

miron mercedes

Re: Club statement following last night's result
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »
Same old same old ....just like the Bakries...always blaming someone else , not taking responsibility,then issue a statement about how it will all get better.... from now on .
This reminds me of the old Pub Sign joke ..." Free Beer....tomorrow  ! "
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

denzele

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:11:54 AM »
What on earth is he on about ? After last night Aloisi press it's obvious that he lost dressing room for good . There is no way forward with coach who doesn't want to take responsibility for players that he sign on .

mellod

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »
Weak statement that is likely only there to let people know to not blame Umbro for the kit issues.

Besides that, they aren't saying anything new that hasn't already been said every time something goes wrong with the club.

David Dodd

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »
Dear BRFC,

I am breaking up with you. I cannot take your parents shit anymore. Ive had enough of the bullshit.

Yours sincerly,

DD

MonteCristo

• Two feet, studs up
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:41:41 PM »
Dear BRFC,

I am breaking up with you. I cannot take your parents shit anymore. Ive had enough of the bullshit.

Yours sincerly,

DD

No, don't be like that. They'll change. It's different this time. You'll see.

David Dodd

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
My love for the club started its decline the day club captain matty smith wanted out.

coast

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »
I've been diagnosed with battered supporter syndrome.

I'm taking an AVO out against John Aloisi.

Orange Emperoar

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »
My love for the club started its decline the day club captain matty smith wanted out.

It is my strong feeling that Matt Smith was one of the instigators behind Mulvey's removal. I will never forgive that clique for the damage they did to our club. He was a good CB, but a poor captain.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

roarbeast

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

It is my strong feeling that Matt Smith was one of the instigators behind Mulvey's removal. I will never forgive that clique for the damage they did to our club. He was a good CB, but a poor captain.

I'm not so sure, I think Matt Smith left because Dobby dragged him into the weird Mulvey sacking/Thissen announcement press conference the day after they'd sacked Mike Mulvey. It wouldn't make sense for him to leave so soon after Mulvey being sacked if that's what he wanted? I think there's actually a possibility him and Mulvey were close given they had both been part of the Gold Coast football community at the same time.

I think whoever the 'steak eater' guy was who was going out to dinner all the time with Fong and telling him that the dressing room wasn't happy is to blame. Maybe it was Matt Smith and maybe he had decided to leave and that's why they sacked Mulvey. I don't know but my thinking is it actually might have been Broich because I'm pretty sure Broich was responsilble for bringing his friend Polenz to us that season which would suggest he had a lot of influence with Dobby, Fong and Stead.

Anyway whatever the truth (or lack of) is in all these conspiracies I think if certain players and Mulvey had all found a way to get along rather than getting ownership involved then we'd be in a very different position today as a club.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
I wonder what the odds of the Backries getting tired of it all and just handing back the licence?

miron mercedes

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »
Zero...they won't even sell for $10 million why would they hand back the licence for free ?
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

Dinoweb

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »
Our club is an embarrassment.

Fong and the Bakries can point the finger all they like, but it's been the same story and same response for years. I think the we need to ....

f**k it, couldn't be bothered. The club won't listen to me or any of the supporters.

You might argue against the views of any one person, but my experience is football crowds are actually fairly intuitive. They know when things aren't right, and right now the Roar crowd is voting with their feet.

The club is in the shit. The crowd knows it.

Management is doing a piss poor job. The crowd knows it.

The Bakries are ultimately responsible. The crowd knows it.

Despite the need these days to run them like a business, football clubs are built on passion.

The Bakries can sack and appoint as many people as they want, and throw as much money as they like, but until they start showing some passion for the club, things are not going to get better, no matter who's the coach, and no matter who's on the team.

The crowd knows it.
I see it, but I do not believe it!

Favourite Roar Moments
1 - 13/03/11 Roar 2 (4) CCM 2 (2)
2 - 4/05/14 Roar 2 WSW 1 (E.T.)
3 - 14/04/12 Roar 2 Perth Glory 1
4 - 6/11/10 Roar 4 Adelaide 0
5 - 22/3/14 Roar 1 Melbourne Victory 0
6 - 14/1/12 Roar 2 Sydney 1

Septic Bladder

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
Zero...they won't even sell for $10 million why would they hand back the licence for free ?

See Dino?s post above.

The Bakries have driven the club into the ground and every potential buyer will know that - so they wont make any offers.

The club must be losing big money atm, so for them, better to walk away and cut their losses.

Ill bet there would be at least one voice at their Corporate HQ making that argument right now.

Chico Raul

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
It is obvious that the fish is rotting from the head.
I went to a BBQ this morning with a group of people. None of them soccer fans. None of them even knew the Socceroos have a new coach. But sure as hell they all knew about the Roar shirts debacle.  To say that Roar has brought shame on the A League and the game is patently obvious (though words are cheap).
Greg O'Rourke needs do more than open his yap.
FFA needs to suspend the Bakries licence and broker a sale of the club.
It has all gone on too long. It's been three years of total chaos since the sacking of Mulvey.
There has to be a circuit breaker.
I was never convinced that this poor season was all down to to Aloisi, and as it stands, even if Aloisi goes then I am wondering if another coach would even be interested to take over whilst the running of the club is such a mess. Someone like Popovic for example or any other half decent coach would be mad to take on this basket case of a club at the moment.
The Bakries' licence has to be suspended immediately and The FFA has to step in for a moratorium period. Bakries have to be given until the end of the season to sell. At the end of the season if not sold, the licence has to be offered to a new franchise. We could be seeing the Gladiators as the new Brisbane team next season.
I don't really see any other way forwards. 

Septic Bladder

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
I agree with 100% with Chiko Roll.

coast

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
It is obvious that the fish is rotting from the head.
I went to a BBQ this morning with a group of people. None of them soccer fans. None of them even knew the Socceroos have a new coach. But sure as hell they all knew about the Roar shirts debacle.  To say that Roar has brought shame on the A League and the game is patently obvious (though words are cheap).
Greg O'Rourke needs do more than open his yap.
FFA needs to suspend the Bakries licence and broker a sale of the club.
It has all gone on too long. It's been three years of total chaos since the sacking of Mulvey.
There has to be a circuit breaker.
I was never convinced that this poor season was all down to to Aloisi, and as it stands, even if Aloisi goes then I am wondering if another coach would even be interested to take over whilst the running of the club is such a mess. Someone like Popovic for example or any other half decent coach would be mad to take on this basket case of a club at the moment.
The Bakries' licence has to be suspended immediately and The FFA has to step in for a moratorium period. Bakries have to be given until the end of the season to sell. At the end of the season if not sold, the licence has to be offered to a new franchise. We could be seeing the Gladiators as the new Brisbane team next season.
I don't really see any other way forwards. 

Well said CR an Dino.

Chico Raul

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/brisbane-roar/brisbane-roar-are-at-rock-bottom-and-the-clubs-owners-arent-budging-so-where-now-for-the-former-pride-of-the-aleague/news-story/961bda22aa41b19ae8c8276f56489986

Brisbane Roar are at rock bottom and the club?s owners aren?t budging ? so where now for the former pride of the A-League?
IF Brisbane Roar needed to hit rock bottom to realise the mess they are in, it has happened.
Once the pride of Australian football, Queensland?s A-League club is teetering on the edge.
Results and titles previously masked Brisbane?s off-field problems.
When the Roar won three championships in four years between 2011 and 2014, it wasn?t a bed of roses off the park but it didn?t seem to matter such was Brisbane?s on-field dominance.
And even in seasons 2015-16 and 2016-17 when players weren?t being paid on time and the club was in danger of being wound up due to disgruntled creditors, the Roar were more than competitive.
They should have won the premiership in 2016 and led 3-0 against Western Sydney Wanderers before losing 5-4 in extra-time to miss a grand final berth.
The following season they again finished third on the ladder and for the second year in succession, they came within a win of making the grand final.
But all those achievements seemed a distant memory last Tuesday night when, in front of just 1279 fans at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre, the Roar lost 3-2 to Filipino minnows Ceres-Negro in an AFC Champions League playoff.
If that wasn?t bad enough, the night became a farce when numbers started peeling of Roar jerseys and Frenchman Eric Bautheac didn?t have a second No. 22 shirt to put on because of a schoolboy error from the club?s kitman.
So how did the club respond?
They issued a meek apology and then made departing football manager Craig Moore the scapegoat by blaming him for the jersey fiasco and putting him on gardening leave until his period of notice ends in mid-March.
Such extremes have been a fixture of the Bakrie Group since the Indonesian conglomerate took control of the Roar in 2011.
The #Bakriesout hashtag has been a common theme among disgruntled Brisbane fans for the past few years.
Football Federation Australia?s perceived lack of action against the Bakries ? particularly when it came to financial problems ? also has them on the nose with Brisbane faithful.
The majority of the Queensland football fraternity were left frustrated last year when the Bakries were offered about $12 million to sell the club to a Russian-led consortium but said no.
That the Bakries want more the $20 million for the Roar is laughable. But the Bakries won?t budge, so where do the Roar go from here?
The obvious answer is that the only way is up after the embarrassing events of last Tuesday night, but it?s hard not to think there will be more pain before there?s any gain.
Current results are amplifying the Roar?s situation.
It?s hard not to believe that coach John Aloisi?s job will be on the line if Brisbane don?t improve between now and the end of the season.
Not that Aloisi has been helped by the club?s poor infrastructure and questionable sports science arm that has contributed a host of injuries this season.
The recruiting policy of Aloisi and Moore has also been rightly scrutinised due to a host of players in the closing stages of their careers being on the Roar?s books.
But if you believe maverick Roar vice-chairman Chris Fong ? who has somehow rose from the ashes of his previous controversial stint with the club to be back on the board ? Aloisi?s job is safe.
But who do you believe? Others at the Roar say Aloisi is no certainty to be Brisbane?s coach next season despite his contract running until 2020.
The mixed messages are making the club look foolish.
While owner Nirwan Bakrie is ultimately in charge, debate between Fong and chairman Rahim Soekasah about who has more power and control is causing internal friction trying to be quelled by managing director David Pourre.
Whoever is calling the shots needs to act fast, otherwise Soekasah?s declaration in October that he wanted to turn the Roar into the ?largest club in Australia? will be seen as nothing more than similar lip service that has made the Bakries so unpopular with the three-time A-League champions? dwindling fan base.

Septic Bladder

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 09:00:15 PM »
Chiko, mate, use the return/ enter button and create some paragraphs!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206058
  • Total Topics: 8095
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (February 13, 2013, 11:48:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 14
Total: 15