Author Topic: CC Mariners vs Brisbane Roar - 27/1/18 - HAL Rnd 18 - Central Coast Stadium  (Read 2060 times)

miron mercedes

yes it just papers over the cracks
Your life is an occasion...rise to it.

Interviewer "if you weren't a footballer what would you be ? "
Peter Crouch " hmmmm  ??............a virgin ? "

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"....The Usual Suspects... 1995

gooseman22

???? 2 matches! For a potential leg breaker.

coast

Thanks CCM.  You gave JA two goals and a win the team didn't deserve.  Nice work cretins.

Chico Raul

Good to hear, but hope Brama gets the book thrown at him

Still don't condone the spitting incident by Papa, but if it was worth a quarter of a season, I am waiting to see what the sanction will be for this.
It is unbelievable that Gameiro is only bruised.

On the game itself, it seems like both teams struggled with the blustery conditions.
Judging by McKay's sign to the bench after his goal, I am thinking it was JA who picked up on the opportunity that the playing out from the back presents.
Once again we seemed at sixes and sevens for the goal conceded.
It was not a great performance by Roar, although Holman was full of running which is encouraging. But not much understanding between the Brisbane players.
TK's injury is a concern.
Mixed feelings because a win enables the facade that is Brisbane Roar to limp on for another week.
Re my comment : But not much understanding between the Brisbane players.
In today's CM, Holman has criticized Tin Tin and team mates for not sticking to the game plan. That needs sorting out.  You can't assume oppositions will gift two goals every time.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch................ has anything changed in terms of the ownership and club structure? .......................Nope.
Congrats to the W-League team.

Iscoredapen2

So here we go with the double standards

Although  I don't condone papas offence I just don't see how this is deemed more than 3 times worse than a blatant intended tackle that could have broke a players leg and ended their career .

I'm pretty sure the players spit every 3 seconds on the ground that they dive on yet this is condoned .

Anyways another stellar decision by the powers ? that be.

mongie

This is a disgrace. There is clear intent to injure a fellow player cause the guy is frustrated. You can't say that about Papa's and he got 7 weeks!

There is NO WAY this should be 2 weeks. That's ridiculous.

If Papa's was 7 weeks. This should be 10. I hope this gets sorted out, cause its absolute bullshit. Three knee recos or not, could have easily been a double leg break and a year out of the game (or worse).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:44:02 PM by mongie »

Chico Raul

Perhaps we need another panel to review the Match Review panel's review of the VAR's review of the referee's initial decision.
Not trying to be funny here as this is a very serious offence.
Surely there has to be a review of the process. Seven games for spitting towards a person. Two for a physical assault. (This was assault / not a careless or reckless challenge).
If the authorities don't sort this out, we could see this sort of thing resulting in criminal or civil proceedings for what amounted in this case to common assault with potentially horrific consequences.
I believe in some of the rugby codes in addition to a maximum number of weeks for an offence they can add additional sanction as a deterrent. Not sure if that is the case, but should be looked at.

coast

Two weeks is absurd.  What was the panel thinking?  This was assault, plain and simple.

Murk

Muscat got 8 weeks back in 2012 but he did have a terrible reputation and history, and broke his opponent's leg.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Back on the game and we still have a lot of work to do.

For mine we're still not creating enough opportunities or look dangerous for long periods in the opponents final third.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

coast

Back on the game and we still have a lot of work to do.

For mine we're still not creating enough opportunities or look dangerous for long periods in the opponents final third.

Agree, Fin.  Those two goals were handed over on a plate by CCM.  Not often a team is quite literally gifted a win.    I think the better teams will flog us.  I will expect icebergs in Moreton Bay if we make the finals, and if we do it simply makes a mockery of a final 6 in a 10 team league.

Paolo

We have to give the team a bit of credit.... opposition mistakes are created as well with pressure in the right areas.... these were exactly the comments at the end of the Adelaide game.... maybe we have forced mistakes in other games... this could be called a strategy and not always a fluke..

coast

We have to give the team a bit of credit.... opposition mistakes are created as well with pressure in the right areas.... these were exactly the comments at the end of the Adelaide game.... maybe we have forced mistakes in other games... this could be called a strategy and not always a fluke..

Glass half full... fair enough.  I'm naturally inclined against anything that will prolong Aloisi's tenure.

jamboree

What are people's thoughts on LB for next year ?
I thought Brown had a very good game.
Can we keep both O'Toole and Brown ? If not, who would you keep ?

Brown is quicker but O'Toole has better delivery in my opinion. Brown a better defender at the moment.

Finsta

Oh yeah no doubt it was a great tactic to pressure the Mariners high up the pitch and sweat on their mistakes. I'm happy with that for sure. It's the rest of our "offensive game plan" that I'm nervous about.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Finsta

Brown is quicker but O'Toole has better delivery in my opinion. Brown a better defender at the moment.
From what I've read I believe Brown to Victory for next season is a done deal so he's out of the equation.
O'Toole is ever improving but it will be a big risk going into next season with him as our only option at LB I think.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

dobo

From what I've read I believe Brown to Victory for next season is a done deal so he's out of the equation.
O'Toole is ever improving but it will be a big risk going into next season with him as our only option at LB I think.

the last published article about it was that Brown was happy with what MV had presented but he had not accepted it yet and he was waiting to see what Brisbane would offer. Im pretty sure if our offer is in the ballpark then he'll stay up here, its just whether we want him or not?

Chico Raul

the last published article about it was that Brown was happy with what MV had presented but he had not accepted it yet and he was waiting to see what Brisbane would offer. Im pretty sure if our offer is in the ballpark then he'll stay up here, its just whether we want him or not?
Yes. I want him to stay.

Orange Emperoar

Brown has reached his potential and O'toole is much younger but almost as good. If Brown can get a good deal with Victory, then good luck to him.
The club needs new blood, so this is a good opportunity for all. He did well taking over from Steff, but I think we have taken him as far as we can.
Sport: Exciting only when you are sitting down

Finsta

Re: CC Mariners vs Brisbane Roar - 27/1/18 - HAL Rnd 18 - Central Coast Stadium
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »
Brown has reached his potential and O'toole is much younger but almost as good. If Brown can get a good deal with Victory, then good luck to him.
The club needs new blood, so this is a good opportunity for all. He did well taking over from Steff, but I think we have taken him as far as we can.
Yeah I agree. Brown needs a change to perhaps raise his game further. I wish he was going overseas rather than the Victory though.

Brisbane Roar -
2011/12 Champions

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206077
  • Total Topics: 8096
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 141