Author Topic: Flight Centre Bisbane Premier League.. News/info  (Read 225 times)

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Flight Centre Bisbane Premier League.. News/info
« on: January 16, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
Geez I was just looking up the top division and with so many clubs from last season moving across to the NPL it's a strange club list:
Acacia Ridge
Albany Creek
Bayside United
Brisbane Knights
Centenary Stormers
Grange Thistle
Mt Gravatt
North Pine
Taringa Rovers
The Gap
UQ FC
Virginia United

Football Brisbane have really copped a flogging under the NPL/Football Queensland/FFA banner.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

dobo

Re: Flight Centre Bisbane Premier League.. News/info
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:24:41 PM »
really that's the way it should be, the best clubs with the best players should be playing at the best level. the Brisbane premier league should never have been a "better" product than the NPL, which arguably in previous years it has been (better players playing in the BPL as opposed to the NPL)

we are slowly working out the football ladder in the country. hopefully the NPL becomes financially stable (even profitable) in the near future so clubs do not fall back into the BPL.

Finsta

• Brisbane Roar Till I Die!
  • The Pain Train Is Coming!
Re: Flight Centre Bisbane Premier League.. News/info
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
I'm hearing what you're saying Dobo but when you go back a fair few more years it was the BPL running the main comp in Queensland as Football Qld were never able to set up anything very competitive because of the footprint of the state.

I agree that the NPL is the way of the future but FQ really really really have to work their shit out.. I've been hearing plenty of grief from clubs and fans about how FQ aren't managing the NPL very well and even the addition of the QPL (2nd div) with how clubs were included seemed very amateurish.

Hopefully with new people in there (Including Bossy) they'll get their act together.
A champion is one who gets up when he can't.

Brisbane Roar -
2013/14 Champions & Premiers
2011/12 Champions
2010/11 Champions & Premiers

Brisbane @ Home - Pl.168 W.83 D.37 L.48

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 206101
  • Total Topics: 8099
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 141